Imperial Speeder Bike

curiouslysophie

Hello! This is my fist build I’m posting here after quite a while of lurking and seeing all your excellent builds!

Here is my finished Imperial Speeder Bike loosely based on Return of the Jedi. The entire bike and Scout Trooper are 3D printed from the files made by Dreams Scale Models and scaled down to 1/8.
The plaque is made by Nerds Loot on Etsy.

I hope you all like my build and I have more to come!

Sophie

Attachments

• B153DADF-9911-4A35-AA3B-D25F8681158A.jpeg
    B153DADF-9911-4A35-AA3B-D25F8681158A.jpeg
    5.3 MB · Views: 212
  • CE4BF522-1AEB-4A92-9862-DFFA18082E16.jpeg
    CE4BF522-1AEB-4A92-9862-DFFA18082E16.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 224
  • 5DD7994D-490E-44D0-95D8-6B6A762FF90C.jpeg
    5DD7994D-490E-44D0-95D8-6B6A762FF90C.jpeg
    9.9 MB · Views: 205
  • 56C7E5E9-29E6-42FD-9274-F19B87F52480.jpeg
    56C7E5E9-29E6-42FD-9274-F19B87F52480.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 224
Looks good. I like the mud on the shoes.
Poor guy. Flying through the forest and next thing he knows, he's in the Matrix's loading program.

Working on the same model still working on some painting and detailing I did mine at 1/6 scale.

Attachments

• 20230326_163528.jpg
    20230326_163528.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 101
  • 20230326_163625.jpg
    20230326_163625.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 89
Good job, but be careful not to hijack curiouslysophie's thread...unless she doesn't mind (y) (y)
How is posting two photos hijacking her post? I'm pretty sure that if she had an issue she would tell me I see people all the time posting a pic of the same model that somebody may be building why would it be an issue???

Thank you all! I'm glad you all like it! ☺️

Working on the same model still working on some painting and detailing I did mine at 1/6 scale.

That is looking good! The files are great aren't they? I added the pistol for the holster and created some custom decals for the trooper and bike. I went for 1/8 mostly so it would fit into my detolf!

Good job, but be careful not to hijack curiouslysophie's thread...unless she doesn't mind (y) (y)

I don't mind at all. Quite interesting to see what other people do with the same files

Thank you all! I'm glad you all like it! ☺️

That is looking good! The files are great aren't they? I added the pistol for the holster and created some custom decals for the trooper and bike. I went for 1/8 mostly so it would fit into my detolf!

I don't mind at all. Quite interesting to see what other people do with the same files
Thanks your build and weathering looks awesome! I noticed your pistol I was like dang I got to scratch me one or if I can find one full size and shrink it down and print it. The files are pretty good and for the amount that he's charging It's a bargain. There were like minor things like the shape of the blades I compared to the studio scale models and they were slightly off but I just cut them sanded them and adjusted the shape I also added small brass hinges to the rear flaps to make them posable. Overall it's a nice looking model for the fraction of the price of a $300 to $500 Sideshow Collectible version.

Last edited:
How is posting two photos hijacking her post? I'm pretty sure that if she had an issue she would tell me I see people all the time posting a pic of the same model that somebody may be building why would it be an issue???
Some people are particular about others posting pics (same model/project) into their thread. Asking first is always best to make sure everybody is happy in the end...and since curiouslysophie said she doesn't mind; there's no foul and we can move on;)

Some people are particular about others posting pics (same model/project) into their thread. Asking first is always best to make sure everybody is happy in the end...and since curiouslysophie said she doesn't mind; there's no foul and we can move on;)
Dude not for nothing I already moved on Everybody's not the same worrying about someone posting a couple of pictures on their thread Maybe let that person make that determination and stop trying to think for them.

Very nice, I love this! With the base it really looks professional. This is just me, but I'd personally paint his exposed skin by his chin black, as I don't think that showed in the film but that's my personal preference . Great job, hope to see more from you!

Very nice, I love this! With the base it really looks professional. This is just me, but I'd personally paint his exposed skin by his chin black, as I don't think that showed in the film but that's my personal preference . Great job, hope to see more from you!
I wasn't sure about this one, from all the armour sets I've seen it appears that area isn't covered. Not sure though. I wen't with skin as it added a bit of variance.
Thank you though! You'll definitely see more coming soon!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back