IG88 BOUNTY HUNTER DROID...build and showoff

ive seen this IG88 at a few events now and it is stunning up close, and G is top top guy too who is always willing to share his build ideas and know how

ig889.jpg

Chicks dig 1G-88 too

sf1g88.jpg

This is a huge robot ..a truly mamoth project , carried out to produce a truly amazing end product .
Ive been lucky enough to troop with IG a few times now, and its always a huge hit with spectators.

knightcon20122012-03-07008-Copy.jpg

knightcon20122012-03-07039.jpg

and finally , just to prove he can move ..IG`s latest victim ... IG versus CatfoodRob ..IG wins.:lol

knightcon20122012-03-07048.jpg

AWESOME build! Absolutely amazing attention to detail. :):thumbsup

I also like that it took you a while to put it together. I build slowly and enjoy the details... so it's always nice to see someone else working (and completing) long and detailed builds! :lol

Great job!

Hiya mate, a very impressive build! I remember many moons ago now chatting to you at Steve Coles studio, probably not long after you had started this- its great to see IG-88 finished, and keeping an eye on Rodger!

By any chance on IG88's heavy blaster do you remember what you made the rings out of that are at the end of the barrel shroud?

Love to see a picture if you have one.

I've had the joy of trooping with IG a few times (and Roger, the full sized Battledroid that G also made and you can see in some of the pics) and they are stunning pieces of work. G is also a thoroughly lovely gent who is always happy to talk to you about his props and how he makes things.

I'll give him a kick to check the thread to see if he can answer your question Stormy.

I've had the joy of trooping with IG a few times (and Roger, the full sized Battledroid that G also made and you can see in some of the pics) and they are stunning pieces of work. G is also a thoroughly lovely gent who is always happy to talk to you about his props and how he makes things.

I'll give him a kick to check the thread to see if he can answer your question Stormy.

Cheers Geoff!... I'll pay ya later!:rolleyes

Hi Stormy :), I presume you refer to the business end of the gun rather than the IG end ....the rings are 2 mm plastic scrap sheet (I am a mad recycler and pinched sooo much stuff from the bin at a school where I used to work ...it was incredible , useful AND at the same time disgusting what was being wasted!) :sick.
The rings them selves were cut using a method I came up with , it is detailed in a couple of places in the IG build above .... basically you get a CIRCLE CUTTER , this is from a cheap tool store/stall/ art shop...around £3... it has a point and a blade , you push the point into the surface as you would for cutting card and then USE IT BACKWARDS...ie , the opposite way to the normal direction of cutting with the angled blade .... like this it cuts like a lathe tool .
Make a series of passes, say 6/8 on one quarter then move round to the next .I usually have a small piece of plastic that Im cutting from in one hand and the circle cutter in the other , after practice you can quickly cut by twisting your hands in opposite directions ...easy to show in pics , not so easy to describe . :confused
For a ring in , say , 2mm plastic , you cut the outer circle first then the inner , after multiple passes you start to see the plastic form a white line on the reverse , bit further and it will start to break through , keep going and youll get pretty much PERFECT cut circles , easier and fasster than by hand with a scalpel .

On thinner plastic just use the cutter NORMALLY , likewise in FOAMEX/SINTRA to start off a circular cut

Hope this helps :popcorn

PS , the dome thing at the end of the barrel is a plastic egg cup , cut to size and shape , very brittle and fragile till mounted in place .

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back