IG-88 Build (Full Body) - FINSHED! Pg. 6

Re: IG-88 Build (Full Body) - DETAILS! Pg. 5

Status update, but no new pics yet.

Two weeks to get this thing done! Last night I started working on the shoulders and arms. Those are the last real "total" parts I have to make. The rest is just details and painting. I rigged it so I could remove the arms for transportation. I finished the back round part, so now I just need to finish up the details on the back. No real rules there, as no one has seen the back before. So I won't break my neck. I mainly need to cover the screws that hold the "skin" on and add some blocky pieces.

I do need to make a gun for him, though. Worst case he'll just hold an E-11, but I'd like both of them.

Anyway, hopefully tonight I can take some pics of at least one arm.

Scott

IG-88 is now ARMED!

body8.jpg

Scott

Very cool and don't worry about teh small imperfections, just call them wear and tear or battle damage lol

Skaught, is the cluttered workshop screen-accurate? Just kidding.

This build just gets better and better! As to the imperfections, my guess is most people will be so impressed that only the creator will see most of them.

Most impressive!

Ted.

Hey man - this is so F'en great.

You are really rockin it.

I've wanted to build one for years. I may need to make a trip to Florida with a ruler.

You so nailed the torso - I can't believe it.

What did you use for the rubber hinges on his arms.

Man - your build looks good!

HOLY CRAP! That is AWESOME!

"almost... there." :)

Knowing how well you have finished one of these heads already, WOW this is just awesome! Wish I woulda tried harder to go to C5! :(

Looks killer - you are teasing us. I can't wait to see him with the head on!

How tall is he. Looks over 8'.

Looks killer - you are teasing us. I can't wait to see him with the head on!

How tall is he. Looks over 8'.

A hair shy of 8'. I just created the internal support to hold his head up and the light mount. He has a cord running from the head down out the back of his heel. It connects up under the right leg.

Scott

It's really looking fantastic! I can't wait to see some pics with another bounty hunter posed with him. Would be great to get a Star Destroyer scene going on at the con. :cool

DONE! It's done! Done! Well, almost. I need to sew the bandolier, but I have the parts that go on it. That's a quick job. But everything else is done. Painted and weathered. The weathering really hides any imperfections. That's always fun to do. Just watered down acrylic black applied with a sponge brush, then ragged off. That darkens everything and adds a grimy look. Let it build up in the nooks. Then do a few strategic drips, let it dry, then pat down with a damp rag to make it subtle. I finished it off with some watered down burnt orange in a few please to look like rust. I'm very happy with it.

Pics as soon as I finish the bandolier!

Scott

Okay, now it's really done. Bandolier and all! I think I'll wait, though, until after CV to post pics! Nyah!

Boy, doe it look imposing, though. Nearly touches my ceiling. He's HUGE!

Scott

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back