Hoth Rebel Ion Cannon (finished)

:lol Is that what she said?

'Stand by Ion control "?:lol

Ya thats a great moment when that thing thumps off
and sends the shot...... it seems to infinity!!:lol

Beautiful build start to finish........Ralphee is never going to sleep now!!LOL

I forget the sizes because as i recall...its in centimeters,but Michaels and Franklin Crafts has clear styrene domes(half spheres).The largest one looks to be around 8-10 inches in diameter.What's the largest/sizes that Plastistruct makes?

Just a rehash addition , I found a 12" lanp sphere at Home Depot that will be perfect for this. With only the one hole to cut out it will be seamless and cheaper than the plastictruct ones ..

That goes beyond cool!

I really like the...... well the whole build to be honest, but the snow, wow just awesome.

I'll need to take notes for future reference!

Don't go there JM,
Cause then I'll have to say again that I'd love to have this model .. i wish there was a good kit out there! Cough cough anyone cough? :)

Last edited:
..... Air...... Every sight and every sound.......

Seriously man, we have the stop mo tauntaun, snow speeder, At-At, At-ST, Probe Droid....builds all going on. I mean next thing we'll have Lee bringing out his rebel transport. It's an ESB fest . Not that I'm complaining. And this build Andre deserves an annual Bump .... If only to get BigTurk to build one.

Don't go there JM,
Cause then I'll have to say again that I'd love to have this model .. i wish there was a good kit out there! Cough cough anyone cough? :)

I'm in the preliminary stages of having one mastered right now. The ball would be around 8" diameter, using a big Christmas ball/ornament. It might be a while, we're still working out details.

I always liked the fact the this cannon emulated the Death Star.

It's like the Rebels were saying "You got a big round ball with a gun? Well so do we, SO THERE!!!"

Great build bro... I'm sitting here looking at both a screen cap and yours and it looks pretty darn close.

PDVD_ESB_ioncannon66.JPG

Screen Cap

iondio2dy3.jpg

Your Build

Not a bad job, but I think its sitting a little high. Might need to build up a little ice around the base of it a bit more. Also looks like the dark section you got there is missing a bunch of greebles. I dunno. I love that I've never seen anyone else do this before. Great idea! You've done a great job on this so far... Maybe I'm just being anal! :) Don't mind me!

Last edited:
Thank you LrdSatyr8,
any idea or criticism is welcome.
Yeah, there are many areas i had to revise.

Come on ESB-Fans, i know you are outthere, and you could do it much better. And i know you have much, much better ref.pics to find all the kitparts :cool

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back