Hoth Rebel Ion Cannon (finished)

Re: Hoth Rebel Ion Cannon

Tony,

That looks fantastic! I really like the number you did on that. You should consider finishing it.

-Bryan

Hi,
after some problems with my PC and some technical problems in this Forum here's a little Update :cool

The Details added and i build a new (smaler) barrel.

progress1ry7.jpg

progress2ih9.jpg

progress3tz1.jpg

I'm with PHArchivist. I've got this 24" sphere I've been debating what to do with it. Death Star, Ion cannon, front end of the Discovery w/pod.

Ion cannon has been done. I'll move along.

Great job.

now if that could project the time on the wall, it would be a clock as well!!!!!
& I could move Star Wars into the bedroom then it would be in every room in the house. Yes, I have an R2D2 soap dispenser in the bathroom. And why not.

If you ever run out of paint I'd be proud to throw some on it.

Hey Guy Cowen, a clock ?, cool idea :lol
Believe me i have enough paint but not enough time !

@ propcollector, it's made out plastic.

STAND BY, ION CONTROL - FIRE

Also build up a little base :love

Hope you like it !

Look at the last Pic. with the Vintage Kenner Figure to see the dimensions.

iondio2dy3.jpg

iondio3wi6.jpg

iondio4dp2.jpg

iondio5rk4.jpg

iondio6xc5.jpg

Wow that's awesome, good job!

I really like the base you made and the weathering is perfect.

Fan flippin tastic, That looks stunning, great job on the painting & the base is top. What cunning use of lemon meringue pie! Only joking :lol

So when does the Kit come out, & please go through how you did that Pie?

:eekGREAT FREAKING JOB!!!! AMAZING! The paint job is absolutely perfect. The weathering turned out great. Now you will have to tell us what you did for the weathering and how you made the base.

The paint job could have been totally boreing, but you made it believable, absolutely fantastic job here... obviously I can not say any more, you should be very happy with this project.

-Bryan

Excellent, but no control room in the cliff side? I agree with the others, that the paint job could have been really monotonous, even boring. I think you handled it with a good touch.

Excellent, but no control room in the cliff side? I agree with the others, that the paint job could have been really monotonous, even boring. I think you handled it with a good touch.

i have a newb question for you guys,

i've been a long time admirer of the details the incredibly thin strips of styrene add to the models.

where do you all get these thin sheets of styrene?

incredible ion cannons in this thread by the way..

'two ships against a star destroyer...?'

Unreal job Andre, i love this piece! The usual wicked cool paint work from you knocks it out the part buddy, thanks for sharing!
OK so how about a Hoth power generator next hehe!

lee

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back