Honest Dragon Doctor Who Coat

Before I get to what really caught my eye in that picture, let me say that your coat looks amazing.

So that tie you're wearing..... is it from the Bonham's auction?

Thanks - here is my latest version.
>>>clipped photo<<<

WoW, again!!
Love your action shot photos, too. So much better than the
standard stand by the wall and look at the camera variety!!
action shots, FTW!!

I haven't read up on everything here, but I'm assuming you
made your own pattern. Is there any commercially available
patterns to get one into the vicinity of the ball park?

Shylaah

Looks good.

I have one of the TssyAnna ones, and while inaccurate, it works well enough as a regular winter coat, as well as a Ten overcoat.

I have been stopped many times, and told how much people adore my coat.

Before I get to what really caught my eye in that picture, let me say that your coat looks amazing.

So that tie you're wearing..... is it from the Bonham's auction?

Thanks for the comments.
The coat colour is 99% there colourwise.

Risu - if I show you this picture and ask YOU to look VERY closely, you might understand what I mean.

P1010002.JPG

WoW, again!!
Love your action shot photos, too. So much better than the
standard stand by the wall and look at the camera variety!!
action shots, FTW!!

I haven't read up on everything here, but I'm assuming you
made your own pattern. Is there any commercially available
patterns to get one into the vicinity of the ball park?

Shylaah

The photos were taken by a professional photographer who is doing her thesis on cosplayers!

To me honest, there is no pattern out there acceptably close - well not in my eyes!
The pattern I work to is my own creation, based on study and observations.

Yea, I've seen that pic before. I'd really like to see the fabric in person to compare to my swatch though. Tricky to tell from pictures, but you know that.

>>>clip<<<
To me honest, there is no pattern out there acceptably close - well not in my eyes!
The pattern I work to is my own creation, based on study and observations.

Yeah, I figured that was the case. It's really the only way to get exactly what you want. Most commercially available patterns for anything require so many mods that you might as well start from scratch........I know it was a long road, but you have journeyed it very well.

Shylaah

I've been following this thread closely, as I am considering both the Captain Jack Harkness and Doctor Who coats offered by tssy on eBay. For those of you out there (and you know who you are) who have purchased either coat from tssy, I have three general questions:

1. tssy offers the coats in both wool and faux suede. I would prefer the suede/moleskin, but am unsure about how it will look. Any thoughts/feedback?

2. When providing the measurements required for making the coat, is it best to be very accurate, go a bit bigger or even go a bit smaller on the measurements?

3. What special adjustments have you found need to be requested at the time of ordering (e.g., split tail in back, button placement, inside pockets, etc)?

Thanks in advance for all your help and hard work in researching these questions.

- Kris

Sorry to drag up an old thread but im looking at the tssy coat and suit and this is exactly what i was going to ask and since there is a lot of info here thought it best to quote , Same questions as above :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back