Honest Dragon Doctor Who Coat

To be honest, I know Stevens jacket seems pricey, but he was willing to put me on a monthly payment plan, if not for that I would not have got it myself :)

Suit fabric is coming, I am trading swatches back and forth and will have news soon!

it appears as if our good friends over at abby shot have gotten a license from the bbc to make one for only 300 dollars!?
"AbbyShot Clothiers has designed the ultimate collectible for Doctor Who fans — a replica brown trenchcoat, just like the one worn by the tenth Doctor! Based on David Tennant's costume, this designer quality coat is bound to be your favorite everyday garment! This replica trenchcoat, officially licensed by the BBC, features high-quality wool blend fabric, full lining (color-matched to the costume coat, double-breasted buttoning, detailed stitching on the back, and outside welt pockets with flaps. Available in Men's sizes SM through XXL. Feel like the last of the Time Lords! "http://www.alteregocomics.com/store/catalog/Doctor_Who_Tenth_Doctors_Coat-p-6275.html
d_6579.jpg

Just like the one worn by the tenth Doctor, but not with the right buttons, fabric, cut, pocket angle or lapel shape...

The price is good, but for licenced, I would hope for a great coat! Glad I went with Steven!

Last edited:
I know for a fact that Louise Page was asked to consult on their coat and she was not impressed.
There was something she said, but no-one would believe me if I relayed it here!

She said she did not give them any fabric tips - 'and it shows!'

I agree the buttons are too small; the back of the collar looks too shallow; the pockets look horizontal (hard to tell for sure) but they should be angled.

As you say . . . we wait for the back.

In the meantime, here are a couple of detail pics of the coat I made for Primrodo.

0006w26e

0006x51w

00075k5h

00078gzp

well the buttons can be replaced and the collar reset.
I was searching flickr and found these pics of the magnoli coat and it looks like he solved the fabric problem
3236881193_44f729b6df_o_d.jpg

3236881157_e29b69a8e1_o_d.jpg

Yes - it looks better than the images on his website, but there are some details still very wrong.

His back darts go right up to the should seam - they should stop below top of the back vent.

His back buttons are far too high - all bunched up, they ned to be spaced out.
But wosrt of all (unless this picture is back to front) the buttons are on the wrong side!

here is a picture of the REAL coat:

_1015300.JPG

And here is the split on the one I made for Primrodo:

000704q6

well the buttons can be replaced and the collar reset.
I was searching flickr and found these pics of the magnoli coat and it looks like he solved the fabric problem

3236881157_e29b69a8e1_o_d.jpg

I would very much like to see the construction of the inside of the back split; where the buttons are, at what point the coat actually splits, how it's held together so that your backside doesn't hang out (that's the problem with mine) and I don't need a picture, just want to know, is the lining material in the pockets the correct red/gold plaid?

Welcome to the board, Pumpkiny. :)

You have the best Tennant coat that I've seen!
It's great to look at your blog and see the amount of research and consideration to detail.

Might have to take you up on the 'commissions' offer. :)

Welcome to the board, Pumpkiny. :)

You have the best Tennant coat that I've seen!
It's great to look at your blog and see the amount of research and consideration to detail.

Might have to take you up on the 'commissions' offer. :)

Thanks for the welcome - I am relatively new - been trying to join for months!

Message me off thread and we can talk more about the coat.

email me at tennantcoat@me.com

Hi folks!

AbbyShot here, just thought we'd chime in seeing we were mentioned in this thread. We've been replying to fans who've been e-mailing us directly about this upcoming licensed coat, but to be fair we want to give you a little update on this board as well.

The main point is: The photo of our Tenth Doctor's Coat featured in Diamond's catalogue is an early prototype and not our final coat - not the final fabric / buttons / anything.

We're working very hard with the BBC to perfect this coat. We're finding the balance between a screen-accurate replica coat and a premium quality wearable garment that fans can actually afford!

A delicate balance, I know.

We're not trying to make a photocopy of the "costume coat" on a mannequin under museum lighting; we want to create an everyday garment that looks like the Tenth Doctor's Coat as you see it living and moving ON-SCREEN.

We'll have pictures to show you soon of our newest prototype coat and we'll be sure to address all the design details yourselves and other fans are bringing up.

Keep the faith, and we'll be in touch!

All the best,

AbbyShot Clothiers

Hi folks!

AbbyShot here, just thought we'd chime in seeing we were mentioned in this thread. We've been replying to fans who've been e-mailing us directly about this upcoming licensed coat, but to be fair we want to give you a little update on this board as well.

The main point is: The photo of our Tenth Doctor's Coat featured in Diamond's catalogue is an early prototype and not our final coat - not the final fabric / buttons / anything.

We're working very hard with the BBC to perfect this coat. We're finding the balance between a screen-accurate replica coat and a premium quality wearable garment that fans can actually afford!

A delicate balance, I know.

We're not trying to make a photocopy of the "costume coat" on a mannequin under museum lighting; we want to create an everyday garment that looks like the Tenth Doctor's Coat as you see it living and moving ON-SCREEN.

We'll have pictures to show you soon of our newest prototype coat and we'll be sure to address all the design details yourselves and other fans are bringing up.

Keep the faith, and we'll be in touch!

All the best,

AbbyShot Clothiers

Hey Abbyshot, what about Captain Jack's coat?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back