HeroQuest board game (1989)

Glad you got it. I realized I think it needs 2 regular 6 sided dice. But have fun bub. Glad it's going to get played. I literally cleaned off 18 years worth of dust

Because of this thread I had to find one on ebay so i could play with my son. Found a complete set for a good deal, just waiting for it to arrive.

awesome! i need to get mine down out of the attic just so i can look at it again. :) i want to play this now. lol

First night was a blast with the wife! I was the Overlord and she played the four Heroes.

I thought playing the Overlord would be boring, but it was more entertaining than I thought. Especially when my wife spent 10 minutes trying to clear a room, only to find out the treasure chest was empty :D

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382761453106.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382761453106.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 120
Oh yeah, if this one is this much fun, I can only imagine how much they have improved. I've started reprinting the manuals and ordered new plastic dice so I can have a really nice copy of this game. I told my wife I wanted to redo the board and make it 3D and she said I could, so whoo hoo I guess I have something else to add to the plate.

There's a guy on youtube who redid the board with segmented floor tiles and walls. Moss, stones, bags of grain, piles of bones, you name it. Looks awesome but way more involved than I'd ever want to do. Really cool though.

So you found some of the expansion set quests? Got any links?

There's a guy on youtube who redid the board with segmented floor tiles and walls. Moss, stones, bags of grain, piles of bones, you name it. Looks awesome but way more involved than I'd ever want to do. Really cool though.

So you found some of the expansion set quests? Got any links?

Here's where I got the PDFs to print out. Haven't gone through all of them yet, but it appears to have everything you need:

HeroQuest :: Game System :: North America (Canada, United States of America) :: Ye Olde Inn

EDIT:

I used those files to make new copies of the Quest Book and Instruction Book. I printed them on 8.5x11 parchment paper to give it an old, timely look. Slightly smaller (Original booklets are 9" tall, after trimming the new ones are 8" tall.), but they have a much nicer feel on the thicker pound paper.

Original on top, new on bottom:

New on left, original on right:

Last edited:
This reminds me of an electronic version my brother had. It wasn't HeroQuest, but I don't remember what the actual name was. I just remember it had a base with red squares with little symbols on them. I think there were metal playing pieces for characters and sections of wall. When you landed on a red square, there would be a sound effect that dictated what happened (dragon attack, trap activation, etc.).

Ha ha I had hero quest and a couple of the expansions. Great fun and easy game for newbies. Perfect entry level.

I upgraded to war hammer fantasy later on. Which has much more scope but when you start building armies it costs an arm and a leg. Lol

Anyone remember Talisman?

Regards
T
A
Z

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mmmm...you thinking of those ones that had an evil gm like "The Gatekeeper!," "ROLL THE DICE!" Lol

I have one on DVD with a Mummy. They also did a witch, baron Samedi, and umm...a female vampire. Probably more. I think I have a star trek one round the house too lol they were fun.

Best
T
A
Z

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For those interested..my current HeroQuest project..

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389023237306.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389023237306.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 117
  • uploadfromtaptalk1389023310706.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389023310706.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 105
  • uploadfromtaptalk1389023344403.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389023344403.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
They really make the game stand out more. I bet the guys who played old school DnD wished they had those lol

They are pretty sweet. Versatile too. Here are some sewer pieces I made too.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389032744359.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389032744359.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 101
  • uploadfromtaptalk1389032767266.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389032767266.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back