He man's Power Sword 80s style

Been wanting to take on this project soon myself, but dammit, this really looks fantastic!!! Great, sharp build so far! I'm keeping my eye on this one..

Well here is what I have so far, I have two weeks till MegaCon. I need a couple of days of sanding but since I can only work with it for 30 min a day I hope to finish it in time.

By the way do you guys have any advice on the color for the jewel for the she ra sword. I was thinking maybe translucent blue.

Talk to ryu kumon. He's ordering gems for the infinity gauntlet, the place he is ordering them from might had a blue you like.

Wow, looks great... Eternia thanks you. By the power of Grayskull, I have the power. Wait, actually you will when its finished.

I was always thinking I might make my own jewel for the She-Ra out of EnviroTex Lite and mixing in some Pearlize with the coloring. Funny short cut I found that worked pretty well was mixing regular food coloring in with the clear resin and it colored it fairly well without affecting the cure at all. Best part is I think you can test for the color with regular water and get fairly similar results just keep the volumes the same. To cast it I would cut a Hard Board template the same size as the jewel or perhaps a fraction Smaller then coat it with wax and pour to clear coat in top letting it pool to the edges and perhaps spill over a bit creating a nice dome shape. Then I would let it harden and if I needed more thickness I would repeat the process till the jewel was the correct size. I would have to trim the edges a bit to fit but they will be hidden by the Bezel. Of course if you could make a nice smooth mold I think that would be easier. My molding skills have a lot to be desired to I will probably go with my method.

Just My 2 cents...

The sword with the Havoc staff...

Attachments

• SANY1387.JPG
    SANY1387.JPG
    256.8 KB · Views: 424
I've officially put my wife on notice that there will be money missing from the savings acct. As soon as there is some sort of interest thread for this.

For whatever it's worth...I'd be in for a he-man and a she-ra...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back