Haunted Mansion Stretching Paintings

I guess I haven't been here long enough to know who you are referencing. Care to elaborate? :confused

:confused The ummm...

Disney-Castle-795899.jpg

blue_haired_lawyer_simpsons.jpg

There's also a print on demand store of sorts a little further down Main Street on your right hand side as you're walking down from the main gate. I don't recall the exact name of the shop but it will be the one with the statues, paintings, and cels in it and off to the side/corner will be a computer set up where you can browse for prints.

That would be the Disneyana store.:) Also made frames for mine, although I'm missing the girl on the tightrope one.:(

What are we looking at price wise for getting prints done at the Disneyland Gallery for the whole set? I will over there in June and would like to pick up the set. All I have right now are images on playing cards.

I don't remember how much they were, it's been a few years, and I got them with the Annual Pass Discount. I might be there this weekend, I can check for you!

- Jeff

I like the tapestries they did a few years back. The ones that came with the Bat-winged rods.

The tapestries are cool but they run almost $1000 for the set. I don't know why so much HM stuff is always such a limited release, I am pretty sure that stuff would sell like crazy at the park.

There's also a print on demand store of sorts a little further down Main Street on your right hand side as you're walking down from the main gate. I don't recall the exact name of the shop but it will be the one with the statues, paintings, and cels in it and off to the side/corner will be a computer set up where you can browse for prints.

Cool, thanks for the info.

So um....uh....how hard would it be...theoretically, to scan this small print in at a really high resolution to make say something like 1/2 sized versions. Theoretically of course. For conversation sake.

Just thinking it'd be nice to have a proper sized set. Ya know...if it ever became available.

Just pondering out loud.

Gregg

So um....uh....how hard would it be...theoretically, to scan this small print in at a really high resolution to make say something like 1/2 sized versions. Theoretically of course. For conversation sake.

Just thinking it'd be nice to have a proper sized set. Ya know...if it ever became available.

Just pondering out loud.

Gregg

Not too hard but resolution is always your enemy. No amount of photoshopping in the world will make it look sooo smooth..

Hey Guys,

I was at Disney today..

There are several options...Since there are four of them..You can get them seperately as in each one on one paper or all four on one paper..

The sizes and prices are as follows:
Paper: 12 by 20 is $22
paper: 17 by 28 is $32
Paper: 24 by 40 is $55

Canvas: 8 1/2 by 28 canvas is $120
Canvas: 12 1/2 by 40 is $170

Last edited:
There are prints out there, but hard to come by. I think disney did a small run of them.

Here is a photo of snow white..It was on display at d23

That piece is so fun. It was done for The Art of the Disney Princess book. Looking at it, it's hard to believe it's all digital!

If memory serves me correctly, there are kiosks at World of Disney (Downtown Disney), the Disney Gallery and Disneyana, which are both on Main Street. When I was looking into buying a set some time ago, I got the impression that while the originals were done by Marc Davis, the reproductions they're selling are by another artist?

The originals were done by Marc Davis. The scans they used to make the reproductions are from one of the more recent sets made for the mansion. Each time the ones in the mansion need repair or replacement, a new in-house artist paints them fresh from a template that was made from the originals. The colors can be slightly off, and each artist likes to throw in a little secret signature or joke which sets theirs apart from Marc's, but they are basically the same to the untrained eye.

The originals were done by Marc Davis. The scans they used to make the reproductions are from one of the more recent sets made for the mansion. Each time the ones in the mansion need repair or replacement, a new in-house artist paints them fresh from a template that was made from the originals. The colors can be slightly off, and each artist likes to throw in a little secret signature or joke which sets theirs apart from Marc's, but they are basically the same to the untrained eye.

Marc Davis was a legend. His work is incredible. I have always been a fan of his work , esp. in Song of the South and others. I should have known he was responsible.

During the Haunted Mansion 40th Anniversary Event in Disneyland, There was a special dinner for those who purchased the top tier packages. Alice Davis and X Atencio were the guests of honor and Alice Davis had some choice words about the changes that were made to her late husbands Stretching Portraits. You could tell that those who worked under Walt are somewhat bitter about the way the company has changed so drastically over the past few decades. She didn't seem pleased about how things have been added or altered but understood that these things are inevitable and you have to let the next generation of imagineers take the reins of certain aspects in hopes to improve them.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back