Hasbro Black Series Rogue One Stormtrooper Helmet

The Stormy is the only one in the works this year. I'm betting on a Vader for $99 next year.

The next wave of Force FX sabers with the ROTJ Luke version, ANH Luke and Vader are out now and slowly hitting stores.
these FX sabers, are they plastic or metal or both?

I had a pre order forvthis, however once I saw the stripes were cut in I pulled out. I have a 501st approved kit from ATA and a really cool custom set of insides made to look like the master replicas helmet interenals. I'm just going to stick with that.
It has the cut in stripes because this is a Rogue One helmet. Once the 501st has a CRL for the Rogue One suit, I fully expect the cut in stripes to be required. ANH, ESB, and ROTJ stormtroopers have their own CRLs as well. Each have their own unique requirements. Those should not have cut in stripes.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Having the speaker and the battery on the back part should solve two of the problems that the Kylo helmet had;
the front heaviness and most importantly the mechanical feedback from the voice changer.

I'm still baffled what made them think it was a good idea to attach the mic and the speaker to the same part on the Kylo helmet. :wacko

My only issue with idealized helmets are the frowns, they never look mean enough from any angle like the ones from ANH and ESB... They just look kind of smiley and usually have that chin jutting out thing going on...

You guys really think those lines in the back'll be 501st passable? Either way I'm pretty pumped about mine, still. Can't really beat $80 for a good looking bucket, even if it'll take some mods to spiff it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious to see how people plan to conceal the battery pack. The kylo helmet was easy in the sense that, while annoying to sand, it almost needed a paint upgrade. So you knew that, whatever you used to fill the seams, and whatever color it was to begin with, you were going to be painting dang near the whole thing. Unless every little thing in this separates easily, like the chrome face plate on the kylo, we'll be doing a lot of masking just to fill the battery seams and repaint the white.

And as for painting the white - what color and type of paint do many of you have in mind? Those of you who know you'll be redoing this thing for sure.

The entire back half is a separate piece. The helmet is 3 pieces, front half, dome, and back half. So the back half can just be taken off and worked on separately.

What exact steps do you need to do in order to fill the gaps? I wouldn't mind filling the speaker holes etc, but no idea where to start...

What exact steps do you need to do in order to fill the gaps? I wouldn't mind filling the speaker holes etc, but no idea where to start...

Easiest way I think would be to use something like Apoxie Sculpt. Mix the putty together and fill in the holes. Then sand smooth and paint.

I could see them doa Boba Fett and since they like to include electronics, they could make a motorized range finder with LEDs.

It would be harder to make a Vader in more parts unless the make it reveal style. It would be cool for a Vader to have a detailed interior like the Iron Man helmet has.

The eFX Vader PCR dome is molded in two parts, so not out of line for what the BS helmets have been doing at all. Hasbro just needs to commit to a decent sculpt instead of reusing the same DP standard derived shape they have over and over again.

FYI Toys R Us has their BS Kylo helmets on sale for $59.99, so you can guarantee these will be on shelves.

14334339_673316292831719_921498132_n.jpg

Last edited:
I pre-ordered mine from Amazon in the UK for £59

I nearly didn't as I don't need it & have nowhere to put it but I just kinda wanted it :lol

I really like how it looks & that they've made the effort to make the Rogue One helmet rather than a generic Stormtrooper

unless the finish turns out to be awful I probably won't bother to mod it, even the battery & speaker vents at the back don't really bother me as you won't see them when it's on the shelf,

my 4yr old has been watching the films & loves putting on my helmets so I thought I might just have this one out to save my current Stormtrooper helmet getting banged up too much :lol

anyway I always like threads with lots of pics so thought I'd put all the pictures I've seen of it together here I'm sure there are probably more that I've missed

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    232.2 KB · Views: 147
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    223.6 KB · Views: 145
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    245 KB · Views: 167
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    342.1 KB · Views: 152
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    289.1 KB · Views: 143
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    384.8 KB · Views: 148
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    290 KB · Views: 130
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    351.3 KB · Views: 140
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    405.3 KB · Views: 166
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    264.3 KB · Views: 148
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    63.7 KB · Views: 206
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    73.8 KB · Views: 159
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    67.6 KB · Views: 158
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    382.3 KB · Views: 142
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    118 KB · Views: 356
After looking at those photos above...they almost make it look like the lines and such in the rear of the helmet are supposed to be there. Maybe it's really based on the true RO TK? Who knows...

Yeah it would be quite odd to stick the speaker and speaker holes out of the back... the kylo was in the forehead.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back