Happy 80th Birthday George Lucas

Happy Belated birthday George and today i have unveiled an RPF original that will be posted in the Junkyard...yes, you guessed it..His original Onsie

jX1Gh4vYJeqnEBadmBAZpYLXKbImg&usqp=CAU&ec=48665701.jpg

Last edited:
So this upcoming Tuesday, May the 14th, we will be celebrating George Lucas 80th Birthday!!! ... I'll post this now, a couple of days in advance, so you can all congratulate him, before he'll head out to Cannes where, on the 25th of May, he will receive an Honorary Palm d'Or during the Closing Ceremony of the 77th Cannes Film Festival, for his contribution to the World of Cinema in which, inseparable from the STAR WARS and Indiana Jones SAGAS, George Lucas has forever given the Blockbuster Movie an illustrious history, and audiences the world over unrivalled pleasure.

George Lucas 80*.jpg

George Lucas : “The Festival de Cannes has always held a special place in my heart. I was surprised and elated when my first film, THX-1138, was selected to be shown on the Croisette back in 1971. Since then I have returned to the Festival de Cannes on many occasions in a variety of capacities as a writer, director and a producer. I am truly honored by this special recognition which means a great deal to me.”

Congratulations Mr. Lucas.

Chaïm

Last edited:
Happy Birthday.
When I think of George and everything he did, I think of this book here. He pushed against everything that said it couldn't be done, or all his ideas would flop. But he kept going.
Over the top of the hill and trailing down was a mix of success, and his wealth snowballing to one of the most profitable people in a position like him.

71pf9-VV4NL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

(Little late, but it just came to mind.)
For anyone thats read the first few drafts and scripts for what became the original Star Wars we all know, they all started with a silver space craft of some kind. Due to the technical limitations at the time, they couldn't do silver. So of course by the prequals, he got his silver space ships. So, from someone, myself, who loves silver/chrome, to another, who apparently does as well....a chrome like birthday title card.

"A tiny silver space craft races from behind one of the lifeless Utapau moons."
80.jpg

Last edited:
I know some have their own birthday thread, but...I just saw that Danny Trejo just turned 80 today. So just the thought that him and George are only 2 days apart is really cool....and that he got to be a rancor keeper in The book of Boba Fett is still pretty cool. I thought he was perfect for the small role.
I love Danny's story, going from a rough life of drugs and crime, prison, and ending it by cleaning up and becoming a beloved actor.
He "looks" like the type guy that might slit your throat if you looked at him wrong, and maybe was in those younger years. But now, all I see is in his rough looking physical state, that hes really like the nicest guy you could actually ever meet.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back