Big George Foreman

mattycsi

Master Member
Anyone seen this?

I grew up just after that golden age of boxing and was always in awe of it from stories from my dad.
Ali was a massive hero to me and Foreman will always be inextricably linked to that legend.
That legend only exists because of the man Foreman was going into Zaire and people forget just how formidable he was at the time.

Now, this is a decent movie, it gives a good overview of George's life. Watching it is not time wasted. The guy(s) playing George do an excellent job, but as a movie it tries to cover too much ground.
Really, they should have narrowed it down to his comeback career with a montage sequence to bring us up to it. Or, a 6 or 7 part netflix series.
There was so much more scope to bring in the nuance of his psyche and to show what got him there.

He had a whole training relationship with Sonny Liston that was just bypassed and in reality that partnership helped shape George's intimidating/unbeatable persona.

They showed George well, but I feel they did him a bit dirty by not getting into the real grit of his life and persona through all the periods they cover.

We have Rocky, we had him before George even retired, first time. George's story really is skill v will and will overcomes. His life is basically a hollywood story, but Rocky put it out over 6 movies (not including Creeds) George's story got one.

Ultimately, movie worth watching, but go read more about him afterwards. He deserves that and I dare you to not to not be inspired by him.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back