Han Solo In Carbonite prop… going under cover...

Hi All!
Man it's been forever. I know I fell of the face of the earth, but life happened and I had to jump out of the prop scene. I do have some good news though. Redman2187 contacted me and he now owns the mold and the rights to cast my Han in Carbonite body panel and greebles. This prop has meant a lot to me as well as to all of you. I appreciated all your excitement and shared joy in building this amazing prop, it's definitely been a ride.
Feel free to contact him for any inquires on castings. He's a good guy and should take excellent care of all of you.

Mold has arrived and we’ve been going over it pretty thoroughly. More to follow.

IMG-0355.jpg

IMG-0362.jpg

IMG-3270.jpg

First…. We are SOOOO excited to have re-lite this torch and be able to carry it forward. There are 3 of us here messing about with this guy & one has a casting from DarthChromer’s very first run of these over a decade ago and he is so stoked to be here with the mold to which it was birthed. Lol.

Here are our plans.

1. Clean the mold up and prep to cast again. It does have some issues. A tear & some repairs from over the years but nothing that seems to be detracting from the actual sculpt. There was a repair to the mother mold at the lip area that had caused a dent but we’ll talk about that in a bit. DONE

2. Test for the molds ability to accept gel-coat & resin to create a full fiberglass casting. DONE

3. Create a fiberglass casting. If it survives we will cast a few more until the mold dies. IN PROGRESS

4. We will take one of the fiberglass castings as a master and further add some more details we’d like to address.

5. We will then install that master into one of our boxes & sculpt & shape it to as close to screen accurate as we possibly can.. within reason. Minus the actual panels.

6. Make a mold of the entire H.I.C so we can create both Han full panels and full Box castings. This will make for a “tub” like fiberglass casting that is light weight & only needs Volvo panels & electronics installed before paint.

We have so far done a material test & made 2 castings. First one had an issue we discovered with a glob of urethane from a repair under the lip which caused a tiny dent in the lip & we accidentally had the pinky folded under so it came out bad. This casting also pulled the rest of the dust & from out from the mold. We also discovered the tear in the chest which actually was no big deal really.

The 2nd casting came out great. We are prepared to cast the 3rd one. Wish us luck.

IMG-0704.jpg

IMG-0427.jpg

IMG-0663.jpg

IMG-0677.jpg

IMG-0697.jpg

IMG-0698.jpg

Hmmm. What happened to the last couple of posts? Mine is gone and so is the one with the packing picks. Did they get removed because of sale/price talk?

Yeah I am a dope. I need to post that stuff in the FS section. When I get a moment I’m going to draft it up for over there.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back