Han Solo ANH-Greedo Killer Blaster buildup

Well done! :)

As promised:

Blaster005.jpg

I found another MGC, it´s for the ROTJ-version.

The next MGC i can achieve will be for a new GK, more accurate due to the MGC and a metal "Frankenscope" i´m working on. But first i need another MGC. :confused

As promised:

Blaster005.jpg

The next MGC i can achieve will be for a new GK, more accurate due to the MGC and a metal "Frankenscope" i´m working on. But first i need another MGC. :confused

Can't wait to see how your ROTJ blaster turns out...Loving your work, man!

Can't wait to see how your ROTJ blaster turns out...Loving your work, man!

Thanks. :)

I´m still missing the flashhider (havn´t decided yet which ROTJ version i want to make), and i´m still battling with the delrin pistons.

But i will start a new thread for it when this has it´s "go!". :)

Looking great! I'll have to ask Skully if he's willing to share his plans further.

Incidentally please take care; personally, I'd never wear gloves and long sleeves while using a lathe.

As promised:

Blaster005.jpg

:love I look forward to seeing the finished pics!

Looking great! I'll have to ask Skully if he's willing to share his plans further.

Thanks.

Another person you might ask is Darth Lars, his name is printed on the plan, so ...... he might be the original creator. :)

Incidentally please take care; personally, I'd never wear gloves and long sleeves while using a lathe.

Aye, you got me.

Maybe not this kind of gloves, they are like painted on and whatever grips them would have catched the bare hand, too .... but i have to admit that i sometimes use other gloves, too. :$

Yeah, loose, long sleeves is a no go. The same as necklace, long hair, ..... When working on a machine my sleeves are always pushed up to the elbows, and i never grasp over or behind the chuck or any rotating part, i always wait until total stop.

Of course i have seen my share of accidents with pros without gloves or long falling clothes/hair which became to casual with the daily use - but that is no valid point/excuse.

We should not show such a behaviour and bring Newbies to act the same. They don´t know the dangers, and only see the pics, not where we stand and when we do what. So thanks for your "Caution!". :)

Well, thanks to this thread and your adapter thread, I was able to start mine today. I have two MGC's. One has a thicker long barrel. The other has a more tapered short barrel. Today, I cut the barrel down on the longer, thicker barreled MGC. I didn't have to cut all the way through. I used a pipe cutter. As soon as I got down to the peg, it slid right off leaving a 1/4" hole in the barrel.

The adapter works great. Though it wouldn't work on the shorter tapered barrel MGC I have.

Man, these MGC's are cool! I learned how to field strip it today and reassemble it. That's just freaking sweet! One MGC was missing the Magazine follower and magazine spring as well as the firing pin and it's tiny spring. Though it still had the bolt stop and it's spring. Oddly enough, the bolt wasn't drilled through for the firing pin on the one missing it and it's barrel was mostly hollow with a welded thin rod in the center. So, I did some swapping, hence the need to learn how to field strip and reassemble it. I'm still stoked it does the rather effortless field stripping just like the real thing. Denix don't have a thing on the MGC!

I guess I'll field strip it again to drill and tap the holes so I don't do any internal damage. I'll mess with that tomorrow. I'm half-way done.

Last edited:
Well, thanks to this thread and your adapter thread, I was able to start mine today. I have two MGC's. One has a thicker long barrel. The other has a more tapered short barrel. Today, I cut the barrel down on the longer, thicker barreled MGC. I didn't have to cut all the way through. I used a pipe cutter. As soon as I got down to the peg, it slid right off leaving a 1/4" hole in the barrel.

I´m glad it helped you to do your build. :)

The barrel on mine was solid Zamak - nothing a pipe-cutter can handle, had to saw it.

The adapter works great. Though it wouldn't work on the shorter tapered barrel MGC I have.

Maybe you can show us pics with the difference? Might be helpfull some day to avoid cutting the wrong one when someone reads this.

One MGC was missing the Magazine follower and magazine spring as well as the firing pin and it's tiny spring. Though it still had the bolt stop and it's spring. Oddly enough, the bolt wasn't drilled through for the firing pin on the one missing it and it's barrel was mostly hollow with a welded thin rod in the center.

There are at least 2 versions with different guts out there - one of mine is a pure deco, and the other a deac pfc :confused. Both look and strip exactly the same way, the deco is just not having the same small details a firing pfc needs (and it has not the wear from firing - as nice as a MGC is, it´s only cheap Zamak). The cut barrel i used to measure is from the deco, the pfc is untouched yet, for the ROTJ.

It left me no peace, i just went in my shop and measures both MGCs i have.

The cut deco with full metal barrel is at the 96mm point 14,38mm, the pfc (it´s barrel sounds not as solid when hit with a metal piece) is at the 96mm point 14,27mm. 1/10mm is not that much it shouldn´t work, i made the 2 adapters cause the Denix dia is noticeable more.

But one thing you can always do is to add 1 or 2 layers of electrical-tape, as long as you don´t use many layers it will be invisible inside of the adapter.

This is a photo of the two MGCs. The short barrel one is on top, the sight has been removed but otherwise the barrel is complete. You can see the reduced diameter of the barrel in the photo.

The photo also shows the peg from the longer barrel. I guess I have a strong pipe cutter, it's all metal and it took under a minute to turn off, versus several minutes if I'd used a hacksaw.

MGC_compared.jpg

A certain member who is no longer here had 20 unmodified MGCs in his collection and showed a photo of them all pushed against the edge of a table, showing a huge discrepancy in their barrel lengths.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back