Han Solo ANH-Greedo Killer Blaster buildup

I used a weaver rail that located one ring right on the end. I then cut it to length then cut in the notches to locate the second ring. I was lucky that the end I used had mounting holes I could use but I don't think drilling holes will be a problem for you.

But if you can do mill work, here are the specs:

Don't worry about multiple slots, just cut slots to mount the rings at the ends of the rail.

Great, if i can´t find the original used parts, this will come in handy. :cool

Drilling and tapping is no problem, but no milling atm. - i sold my small modelbuilding-mill some time ago, and the new bigger one i want is temporary not available. :cry

I finished the scope today - filling, sanding, silver paint, black paint, then weathering to get a slight wear:

GreedoKiller040.jpg

I´m not so good at waiting ;), so i grabbed a piece of alu-profile, sawed and filed it into the rough shape:

GreedoKiller042.jpg

Sawed and filed the 2 needed slots, and drilled and tapered 2 holes:

GreedoKiller041.jpg

With this provisoric rail i was able to mount the scope today :D :

GreedoKiller045.jpg

GreedoKiller046.jpg

GreedoKiller044.jpg

Don't forget to at the very least upgrade the crappy slotted screws to the correct screw and brass escutcheon set. It really takes away a lot of the Denix look.

Watching this thread makes me wish I hadn't sold my second GK set of parts that I was planning on doing as the screen used version.

Don't forget to at the very least upgrade the crappy slotted screws to the correct screw and brass escutcheon set. It really takes away a lot of the Denix look.

Watching this thread makes me wish I hadn't sold my second GK set of parts that I was planning on doing as the screen used version.

Sure, Marcus - real scope,accurate scoperail, better grips, ..... - if i can grab parts to improve this build, i will do. ;)

Next on my list is the weathering, and trying to create the magazine-bottom details.

I started the weathering with some scratches and general wear:

NeuesZeugs009.jpg

Compared to the other variants this model is a really big whopper :love - i completly understand why Solo changed it to his ESB variant, that is much more comfortable to handle in daily use. :cool

NeuesZeugs011.jpg

The blaster looks fantastic! I'm actually working on finishing up my GK now. My scope rings just came in today. I do have a question about the placement of your scope rings.

Shouldn't one of the rings be placed on the oppisite side of the scopes adjustment knobs like seen here BlasTech DL-44 ?

Or do you just prefer the look of it the way you have it mounted?

Visually, I prefer the way you have your scope rings.

Shouldn't one of the rings be placed on the oppisite side of the scopes adjustment knobs like seen here BlasTech DL-44 ?

He has it set up as seen on screen. Publicity photos of the prop show different rings altogether and the different positioning.

Nice work!

Changing the grip screws might help a bit, but I'd leave the plastic grips.
The original prop was an MGC Mauser.

The blaster looks fantastic! I'm actually working on finishing up my GK now. My scope rings just came in today. I do have a question about the placement of your scope rings.

Or do you just prefer the look of it the way you have it mounted?

Visually, I prefer the way you have your scope rings.

Thanks. :D

As Chris already mentioned, that are 2 different versions with different parts. I wanted this look cause it is closer to that what it should do: replace the ANH-Hero for filming the scene.

Nice work!

Changing the grip screws might help a bit, but I'd leave the plastic grips.
The original prop was an MGC Mauser.

Thanks, Chris.

I have a MGC on my ANH-Hero, and i think it might be worth a try to mount the MGC-grips on this Denix if i find a set of real woodgrips for the MGC.

Off course i would like it much more to find some more MGCs. ;)

Off course i would like it much more to find some more MGCs. ;)

That's why I have 3. :)
One I've already converted to Luke ESB (technically Han's was an MGC and Luke's was a real Mauser, but I like the Luke version better), one will be an ANH GK, and the other will be a ROTJ.

That's why I have 3. :)
One I've already converted to Luke ESB (technically Han's was an MGC and Luke's was a real Mauser, but I like the Luke version better), one will be an ANH GK, and the other will be a ROTJ.

Thank you, Sir.

I really appreciate your kindness to inform me accordingly. :cry:D

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back