HALO 1:1 assault rifle

Looks Great
I have a real good idea on how to make the molds
so the rifle can be hollow, but some of the parts like the rifle body
should be made in a right and left half.

Andrew

Thanks for the feedback fellas. :)

By request, an updated picture of Hudson. :D

hudson.jpg

Now back to work..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tommin @ Jan 14 2007, 09:40 PM) [snapback]1397423[/snapback]</div>
Thanks for the feedback fellas. :)

By request, an updated picture of Hudson. :D

hudson.jpg

Now back to work..
[/b]

Awwwww, how cute. :D
I haven't gotten much done on the rifle this week. Work just seems to get in the way. :angry I'll try to have an update later on my progress (or lack thereof).

Brian

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Weazel1 @ Jan 14 2007, 08:48 PM) [snapback]1397429[/snapback]</div>
I haven't gotten much done on the rifle this week. Work just seems to get in the way. :angry I'll try to have an update later on my progress (or lack thereof).
Brian[/b]
Looking forward to your future updates, Brian. Please feel at home to post them within this thread if you would like. We'll keep each other motivated with this one. :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GeneralMayhem @ Jan 14 2007, 10:04 PM) [snapback]1397467[/snapback]</div>
Oh, sure. Go ahead and make me want a puppy...[/b]
:D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tommin @ Jan 15 2007, 02:18 PM) [snapback]1397775[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Weazel1 @ Jan 14 2007, 08:48 PM) [snapback]1397429[/snapback]
Brian[/b]
Looking forward to your future updates, Brian. Please feel at home to post them within this thread if you would like. We'll keep each other motivated with this one. :)

[/b][/quote]

Kewl. Sounds like a plan to me. :thumbsup

Ok, here the first early pics of the main body I'm working on.

[attachmentid=12110]
[attachmentid=12111]
[attachmentid=12112]

I'll have more later in the week.

Brian

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MaddChinaMan @ Jan 16 2007, 06:57 PM) [snapback]1398720[/snapback]</div>
what kind of material are you using? and can I get it at home depot or a store like that? Thanks
[/b]

Its just plain, old 0.80 sheet styrene. I get it from my local hobby shop, but you can order it direct from here

http://www.plastruct.com/Pages/OnlineCatalogIndex.lasso

or here

http://www.woodlandscenics.com/

Plastruct carries the larger sheets, while Woodland Scenics carries the smaller sheets. They also carry a line of pattern boards as well.
As for Home Depot or Lowes, you can use those plastic for sale signs for pretty cheap.

Brian

Looking cool so far, here's the one I'm working on at the moment, a little accurising and a finishing and it'll be pretty good I think:
DSCF4204.jpg

DSCF4202.jpg

DSCF4203.jpg

It was started by another member here who did most of the work on it about a year or so ago I believe and now its come into my possession to finish her off and I'm quite enjoying it so far.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guardian Devil @ Jan 17 2007, 04:16 AM) [snapback]1399014[/snapback]</div>
Looking cool so far, here's the one I'm working on at the moment, a little accurising and a finishing and it'll be pretty good I think:
DSCF4204.jpg

DSCF4202.jpg

DSCF4203.jpg

It was started by another member here who did most of the work on it about a year or so ago I believe and now its come into my possession to finish her off and I'm quite enjoying it so far.
[/b]

speechless

Hey guys, great progress on the rifle, thought this might help. Bungie recently posted this:

MA5C Individual Combat Weapon System

Official designation: MA5C
Length (o/a): 88 cm (34.6 in.)
Length (barrel): 60.7 cm (24 in.)
Weight (empty): 3.8 kg (8.378 lbs)
Weight (loaded): 4.1 kg (9.05 lbs)
Cartridge: 7.62mm x 51 FMJ
Max. effective range: 300 meters (984 ft)
Muzzle velocity: 905 m/s (2970 f/s)
Magazine capacity: 32 rounds
Rate of fire: 750 – 900 rnds/min
Unit Replacement cost: 1686.00

The original article can be found here:

http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?link=ma5carrrrr

Hope it helps. Keep up the good work.

-Jon

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Weazel1 @ Jan 16 2007, 10:42 AM) [snapback]1398448[/snapback]</div>
Ok, here the first early pics of the main body I'm working on.
Brian[/b]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guardian Devil @ Jan 17 2007, 06:16 AM) [snapback]1399014[/snapback]</div>
Looking cool so far, here's the one I'm working on at the moment, a little accurising and a finishing and it'll be pretty good I think: It was started by another member here who did most of the work on it about a year or so ago I believe and now its come into my possession to finish her off and I'm quite enjoying it so far.
[/b]

Excellent. Keep us posted, fellas. I'll try to have something new to show this weekend, as well. :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SatSpeedster @ Jan 19 2007, 12:54 AM) [snapback]1400512[/snapback]</div>
Hey guys, great progress on the rifle, thought this might help. Bungie recently posted this:

MA5C Individual Combat Weapon System

Official designation: MA5C
Length (o/a): 88 cm (34.6 in.)
Length (barrel): 60.7 cm (24 in.)
Weight (empty): 3.8 kg (8.378 lbs)
Weight (loaded): 4.1 kg (9.05 lbs)
Cartridge: 7.62mm x 51 FMJ
Max. effective range: 300 meters (984 ft)
Muzzle velocity: 905 m/s (2970 f/s)
Magazine capacity: 32 rounds
Rate of fire: 750 – 900 rnds/min
Unit Replacement cost: 1686.00

The original article can be found here:

http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?link=ma5carrrrr

Hope it helps. Keep up the good work.

-Jon
[/b]

Well crap. I've got mine set up as 5.56. I'm going to have to redo the ejection port now. Its a good thing I didn't close up the body yet.

Brian

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back