HALO 1:1 assault rifle

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dr_slurpee @ Jan 19 2007, 11:19 PM) [snapback]1400988[/snapback]</div>
Where the heck is the ejection port anyway?
[/b]

Caseless rounds :thumbsup

I don't know if that's really true, but it certainly does solve that problem :D :lol

-Fred

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guardian Devil @ Jan 19 2007, 06:42 PM) [snapback]1401005[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sith Sheriff Brody @ Jan 19 2007, 11:13 PM) [snapback]1400981[/snapback]
Note that those stats are for the H3 version.

-Mike
[/b]

Ahh yeah, thats true. For the MA5C not the MA5B
[/b][/quote]

True, but it also states that the only upgrades from the B to the C were:
- a heavier barrel with a 1 in 7 twist;
- a redesigned cowling to house the electronics suite that reduces weight and increases pointability of weapon;
- a redesigned handguard which is sturdier and provides a more positive grip

It doesn't mention going to a larger round, so aparrently its been 7.62 this whole time. Its essentially the same difference between the M16a1, a2, and M4. Same basic rifle with improvements incorporated over time.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gigatron @ Jan 19 2007, 08:03 PM) [snapback]1401053[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dr_slurpee @ Jan 19 2007, 11:19 PM) [snapback]1400988[/snapback]
Where the heck is the ejection port anyway?
[/b]

Caseless rounds :thumbsup

I don't know if that's really true, but it certainly does solve that problem :D :lol

-Fred
[/b][/quote]

The ejection port can be seen in this pic.

032.jpg

Its the bright silver area on Sarge's weapon. For some reason, it isn't shown on some of the pics on its own, but it is seen in the game.

Brian

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Weazel1 @ Jan 20 2007, 08:29 AM) [snapback]1401346[/snapback]</div>
It doesn't mention going to a larger round, so aparrently its been 7.62 this whole time. Its essentially the same difference between the M16a1, a2, and M4. Same basic rifle with improvements incorporated over time.

[/b]

Just checked the instruction manual of Halo, and it states the MA5B is 7.62. It has been the same this whole time :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DuneMuadDib @ Jan 20 2007, 03:00 PM) [snapback]1401455[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Weazel1 @ Jan 20 2007, 08:29 AM) [snapback]1401346[/snapback]

[/b]

Just checked the instruction manual of Halo, and it states the MA5B is 7.62. It has been the same this whole time :)
[/b][/quote]

Oh, for the love of Pete.
I have the game, and it never occured to me to look. :angry
Well that ought to teach me :D

Brain

Update time. Heres where I'm at thus far.
[attachmentid=12194]
[attachmentid=12195]
I have most of the main body built, I still have a few bits more to do to it, but I can now start on the framework for the "plastic" add-ons: the stock/grip, flaslight housing and the upper shroud.

Brian

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Roughneckone @ Feb 18 2007, 03:55 AM) [snapback]1421223[/snapback]</div>
Really beautiful work. :D

One minor thing though, doesn't the word "magazine have two "a's"?

Roughneckone
[/b]

Dude
What's one letter compared to the awesome craftsmanship of that assault rifle :D
I did not even notice the miss spelling. and if I had I would have left that picture out.

TK648

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back