HALF-LIFE 2 - Gravity Gun - Realistic Replica - 18.12. - VALVE HIT ME UP!

Guys! I got an email from Valve in my Inbox last week saying they liked my replica and offered me at the same time a little present in form of a NECA Gravity Gun they had kept back in their storage room.
So I could compare my model to the one they came up with in collaboration with NECA.

Just had this delivered to me! I'm so hyped they even got to me haha :love

_MG_7664.jpg

_MG_7671.JPG

_MG_7674.JPG

So Valve... if anybody of your guys happen to stumble over this thread again: THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH! What a great present for Christmas! :) :love

And now here some comparison shots to my replica :) Enjoy!

_MG_7732.JPG

_MG_7723.JPG

_MG_7731.JPG

_MG_7725.JPG

_MG_7730.JPG

Here you can the difference quite well.

_MG_7720.JPG

Lam... Lam... LAMAR! Could... could. Could you please... I'm trying to photograph...

_MG_7696.JPG

********* LAMARR!

_MG_7698.JPG

THERE! Satisfied? Aw he's annoying but I love him...

_MG_7678.JPG

Cheers for checking out everyone. Have a nice evening! :)
Mario

Last edited:
Your replica is obviously still incredible(!), but seeing them side-by-side, I'm actually quite impressed with the quality of the NECA version - especially considering it's mass-produced. Is it missing the left-hand grip, though?

Also, I am definitely interested in seeing a weathering tutorial! :D

That was quick!! I have to say it's not a bad piece. I like that yours is beefier. Looks like it could do some real destruction. What a great way to start Christmas.

A Big WOW all around :cool First for NECA to have sent you that beautiful replica and second for showing us the comparo between theirs and yours. They certainly have, each, their own charm and coolness! Love them both and it would be very difficult for me to choose one over the other.

Re: HALF-LIFE 2 - Gravity Gun - Realistic Replica - 07.12. - She's done!! Eyecandy sh

Hopefully I will get my head free after Christmas to actually start working on a in-depth tutorial for weathering; however I will not make any 3D model files available for download, sorry!

Damn, that kind of kills it. I couldn't model if my life depended on it.

Looking forward to how you did the rust, though.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back