Guardians of the Galaxy Movie Props

Here is Star Lord. Not a whole lot of detail

Not a lot of detail, but you can see his guns. There was a pretty cool shot of him firing down a hallway too.

Photo-on-8-12-13-at-6.19-PM-#2.jpg

Here's a terrible progress shot of my gun. I have the bottom half and the handle left, so I'd say I'm about half way.
This is my first prop so I'm not sure how this works, but I plan on doing resin casts if anyone wants to buy one.

Then I concede. Touché bro, the lines were so insanely straight and I knew that he does do 3d printing so I just assumed. My bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

i not use 3d prints i love working with my hands, and the next is, i earned now in 1,5 years so much tricks and experiance that i know what i have to do :)

He's got a thread up for the build, but I believe he had pieces laser cut from acrylic and built up the shape, then finished the finer details with filler

I apologize, your level of work, following your cube tube work I just thought that that work was not attainable by human hands. I bow to your skill level and I would love to see the work in progress, I'll check it out. Keep it up man.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Where would we be without laser cutters?
Personally I also prefer to use laser cutting, it gives a much cleaner line. 3D printing loses some detail on very fine parts and you're often left with that rough surface to have to prime and sand back.
Laser cut parts are just as accurate and in my opinion better because of that lack of rough surface and loss of detail.

Looking forward to seeing a finished Starlord pistol from Davy.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back