Guardians of the Galaxy Movie Props

No, I know you're being critical in a good way.

I've done a fair amount of photoshopping of things, but I've never had to go from a skewed view back to a straight view; its usually the other way around. What's your advice on making it longer? Just stretching the image's width a little bit?

1014160_153071028220927_426037835_n.jpg

im gonna be starting a thread soon, ive got clay slug on my form already for the helmet aswell.

this movie.....3 ers ago i was searching for other people who dug GotG or at least heard of them and npw theres a flippin movie! with awesome props!

I'm going to start roughing this out in mdf either this week or this weekend as well. If anyone wants them, these are some pretty accurate traces I've spent the afternoon doing. Going on the size of the walkman I've got the length of this gun at just over 13.5 inches, which seems to be right since that puts the handle at the same size as the airsoft gun I have in front of me to compare it to. Anyways, here's the drawings.
starlordgun.jpg

View attachment 211781

im gonna be starting a thread soon, ive got clay slug on my form already for the helmet aswell.

this movie.....3 ers ago i was searching for other people who dug GotG or at least heard of them and npw theres a flippin movie! with awesome props!

Progress already!

I'm going to start roughing this out in mdf either this week or this weekend as well. If anyone wants them, these are some pretty accurate traces I've spent the afternoon doing. Going on the size of the walkman I've got the length of this gun at just over 13.5 inches, which seems to be right since that puts the handle at the same size as the airsoft gun I have in front of me to compare it to. Anyways, here's the drawings.
View attachment 211782

That tracing looks pretty good! All I can say is, I want one of these!

View attachment 211782

hahaha i got 13!! great minds think alike

I have it sweeping out a little on mine, but I'm not sure what you're circling in your photo. This is the photo I've been tracing.
9337365270_4ef0099fe5_c.jpg
I think that's maybe part of the stand?

I dont think it is because its that cool carbon fiber and the stand in just brushed metal. I tried highlighting it here.

9337365270_4ef0099fe5_c.jpg

I see that flare at the end, and it appears to be going opposite ways on the left handed and right handed gun. I was hoping to just make one mold and then cast the gun twice. Hmmm.
Screen Shot 2013-07-24 at 7.07.30 AM.png
It looks like a semi flat piece that conforms the the bottom part of someone's palm. Its kind of odd.

That flare kind of reminds me of a competition gun's grip. I guess it would add some stability when firing akimbo.
target-model.jpg

For the sake of simplicity I think I'm going to make it like the gun you just posted. I don't really see the reason in having to make mirroring handles.

i never noticed that flare, huh haha im ignoring it ignorantly

i plan on calling it symmetrical and molding the gun as the same thing and then just creatting different barrel tips so tat will be the distinction between left and right

and an aspect i was thinking of as longshot as it is, theres four different barrels and they may to a nod to way way back when, when star lord had an elemental gun that shot earth,fire air and ice/water....could be maybe even though that may be pushing it

Lets play a game. Lets see who can actually take the time to make it by hand and not use 3d printers. Already have the blueprints,and we are starting on it tonight! Game on!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Lets play a game. Lets see who can actually take the time to make it by hand and not use 3d printers. Already have the blueprints,and we are starting on it tonight! Game on!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

challenge accepted!

in this competition EVERYONE WINS!!!!!

but that sphere im drawing a blank on what it could possibly be, it really looks cool though

i plan on calling it symmetrical and molding the gun as the same thing and then just creatting different barrel tips so tat will be the distinction between left and right

The only apparent differences I can spot between the barrel tips is that, on the one seen on the left side, the barrels are sticking out further, and the "collar" just behind the upper barrel is spaced almost a half inch away from the main body. Whereas, on the gun on the right side, the barrel tips are stuck further inside, and the collar on the upper barrel is flush against the main body.
So, my impression is that the gun on the left side is merely "unloaded" or empty, kind of like how the slide of a gun slides back and stays open when the clip is empty. The gun on the right side is "loaded", so everything looks retracted.

View attachment 211901

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back