Godzilla (2014)

Design looks nice so far (from what I'm able to see). I just hope the handheld thing is done only for this teaser and that it doesn't end up being like Cloverfield...

Still not wild about the thick lower jaw if this is the film version, but I can live with it, seems a little less then the concept statue.

Roar was slightly there, hard to tell with crappy audio, last big thing to check off my list is atomic breath. If he ain't breathin' fire he ain't the King of Monsters.

The video has been uploaded multiple times on YouTube. I just saw it. Not impressed. The new design (which isn't very new at all) does absolutely nothing to get me excited. It's like they got a Japanese costume and turned it into high quality CGI, which defeats the purpose of CGI. Why not just make it a costume if you're going to have him upright like a man in a costume? And while you're making it a costume, why not just let Toho make another movie, instead of letting the Americans try again?
Bleh. Not excited anymore. There's nothing left for me in this thread.

This would've been perfect:
CPewS.jpg

Why wouldn't they CGI Godzilla? Do you want a obviously fake man in a suit? Go watch all the dozens of films prior to the age of CG...

I want a big time block-buster with epic destruction scenes and vehicles being destroyed like paper...

Funny how the monsters are now being called Kaiju after Pacific Rim. I don't recall them ever being called that before, not that I mind at all.

I think PR just made the term more common, so people are actually starting to use it.. I think they've always been called that.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back