GI JOE 2: Retaliation Trailer up!

The only GI Joe back story I know is from the original toys and cartoon. So can Snake Eyes not talk or does he just never talk for some reason?

In the 80s Marvel comic, his vocal chords are destroyed in a helicopter accident. He basically gets a face full of fire when trying to rescue Scarlett. That's also why he wears the mask. For me, whatever Larry Hama says is canon.

In the 80s Marvel comic, his vocal chords are destroyed in a helicopter accident. He basically gets a face full of fire when trying to rescue Scarlett. That's also why he wears the mask. For me, whatever Larry Hama says is canon.

Seconded.

Snake Eyes first appeared in G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #1 (June 1982).[22] In the series, Snake Eyes rejoined some of his wartime buddies, when he was recruited into G.I. Joe. Once on the team, Snake Eyes became very close to Scarlett. One of the first stories established the reason behind Snake Eyes' injuries and muteness. In this story, the team is on a mission in the Middle East. Snake Eyes, Scarlett, Rock 'n Roll, and Grunt were sent to save George Strawhacker from Cobra. On the way, the helicopter they were in started to have trouble and was soon going to crash. It forced the Joes to bail out, but Scarlett was stuck in the burning helicopter and Snake Eyes stayed behind to save her. Snake Eyes did save Scarlett, but a window exploded in his face, scarring him and damaging his vocal cords (carrying Scarlett out of the wreck of the crashed helicopter, his head is actually on fire). Despite his injuries and the warning from Doc that unless he gets medical help immediately he may never speak again, Snake Eyes convinced Hawk to let him continue on with the mission, "without even saying a word". Strawhacker, who was once engaged to Snake Eyes' sister, never learned who the "scarred, masked soldier" who saved his life was.[23] After many battles with Cobra, Scarlett was captured by Storm Shadow. In the famous silent issue (#21), Snake Eyes rescued Scarlett and battled Storm Shadow for the first time since they had last seen each other.[24] At first, Snake Eyes was angered by his sword brother's actions, but he was eventually told the truth by Storm Shadow himself.[21] Storm Shadow, blamed by the Arashikage clan for the murder of Hard Master, joined Cobra to find out who was truly behind the murder. After discovering it was Zartan who killed his uncle, he left Cobra and joined G.I. Joe.

Thanks! I had the original Snakeyes figure and that was probably the first and last time I read his bio so I couldn't remember if I heard why he couldn't speak.

Happy to help! Between me and my best friend we had all the figures and all the comics throughout most of the 1980's right from the start.

It was never said but it was intimated that the helicopter accident was a failed rescue attempt of the hostages taken in Iran at end of President Carter's time and the beginning of President Reagan's.

Who is this boss ass motherfudger here?!

13800-109191d1338979450-roadblock-storm-shadow-cobra-commander-set.jpg
[/IMG]

Charlie Adler is the Resolute Commander, correct? I heard he will be voicing.

However, I do feel they should enhance his voice; maybe make it less of a hiss, and more of a growl. I actually enjoyed Cobra's voice in ROC, all 10 seconds of it.

Charlie Adler is the Resolute Commander, correct? I heard he will be voicing.

However, I do feel they should enhance his voice; maybe make it less of a hiss, and more of a growl. I actually enjoyed Cobra's voice in ROC, all 10 seconds of it.

Yeah, he did it for Resolute and Renegades. He also voiced Starscream in ROTF and DOTM.

Seeing that pic of Cobra Commander just makes me more sad I have to wait 9 months......I have no attachments to the Joe franchise whatsoever, but as a casual moviegoer, I was really excited for the movie. Oh well, what can you do?

Man...what happened to this movie??? Seems like it just vanished from sight....

For a while it was trailers and pics galore, now, nothing....

Man...what happened to this movie??? Seems like it just vanished from sight....

For a while it was trailers and pics galore, now, nothing....

Amen to that brother...

I only saw a interview with Adrianne Palicki talking about how she's been in two movies that have been postponed. (Legion was the first)

Although she said she has alot more faith in this film doing well.

March 29, 2013, so another five months of waiting.

Hopefully the Snake Eyes vs Ninjas sequence alone will be worth the movie and the long wait.

I hope so. I did find some articles discussing how badly the test screenings were going...and also that they were going to kill Tatum's character...

So it looks like lots of rewrites and reshoots became necessary.

There were rumors of bringing back Tatum's character through reshoots. Apparently he and the Rock hit it off and the audience liked them.

There were rumors of bringing back Tatum's character through reshoots. Apparently he and the Rock hit it off and the audience liked them.

One article I saw had him deepsixed because at the time of the first Joe movie, he wasn't a big star like he is now, and when audiences saw he was killed off, they really lost interest in the character component of the movie.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back