GHOSTBUSTERS Pre-Release - film discussion only, no social commentary please!

and didn't the Bay Turtles Trailer use the same thrumming noise? or some trailer recently?
This one shot that I'm GUESSING leads up to the big broadway possession/dance number reminded me of the one from the mask almost instantly..

Also, just so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle..
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1289401/board/nest/253598350

Someone from IMDB found this on another board. not sure where. some of the points line up with the sony email leaks (lawyers).....some of the points line up with things said here (Terrible shooting script). Sony not sure how to market it.

It really does make alot of sense if true. this is why I'm willing to let ghostbusters die. If the idiots at Sony couldn't have forseen that this was a BAD IDEA from the start....and that people wouldn't have been against it from day one and stick to their guns.....it's best left a dead franchise. I just find it funny how the insider thinks that the franchise will be shelved for almost two decades before anything is tried again. it's really a simple formula. Find someone who LOVES the franchise, truly LOVES it....and you'll get a product that shines through with it. Feig Only LOVED it when he got the OK to use his usual movie formula and twist the GB franchise into it. that's not how good reboots work!

24930083732_2b16bc0981_k.jpg

and just as an humorous aside.

Episode 8 Just released a 30 second teaser. the movie has about 10 minutes of footage shot on day one. It's Two years away from release. They show a formerly secret main cast member. it's 30 seconds long. It IS AWESOME.

Ghostbusters is 4 months out. we've only seen 6 production stills. the trailer announcment showed nothing...no ghostbusters, no ghosts, no equipment....no actresses.....and the trailer is still a month away.

mic drop...lol ;o)

Last edited:
We're pretty sure Sony cajoled the old GB cast into hasty cameos . . . maybe Sony also ordered a hasty batch of CGI & 2nd-unit shooting too, hoping to pile on enough action/horror footage to market it that way.

This really is smelling like F4 again. The BTS story may turn out to be far more interesting than the movie itself.

If they really presented the opening of a song & dance number in totally serious light during that teaser . . . man, I feel like that must be some kind of new low in terms of misleading ads. That kind of total distortion is normally being done as an overt joke.

It really does make alot of sense if true. this is why I'm willing to let ghostbusters die. If the idiots at Sony couldn't have forseen that this was a BAD IDEA from the start....and that people wouldn't have been against it from day one and stick to their guns.....it's best left a dead franchise. I just find it funny how the insider thinks that the franchise will be shelved for almost two decades before anything is tried again. it's really a simple formula. Find someone who LOVES the franchise, truly LOVES it....and you'll get a product that shines through with it. Feig Only LOVED it when he got the OK to use his usual movie formula and twist the GB franchise into it. that's not how good reboots work!

I don't think most 21st century film studios (with the exception of Disney) know the meaning of a two-decade rest. These days they act like it's skipping a whole generation just to wait 1 decade. Waiting any longer is a lack of faith in the franchise period.

If this new Feig movie is a weak seller & quickly forgotten, then I wouldn't be surprised if Sony tries another new (and different looking) GB in as little as 5 years.

Sony may have botched this movie. They might botch the next one too for that matter. But I think Sony can probably sense the potential of GB when handled right. In a lot of ways it's a pretty blank canvas. The raw concept is adaptable to different eras, settings, tones/ratings, sexes, etc. A franchise like Star Wars is an extremely intricate & well-defined thing that must be handled with a ton of care just to satisfy people. Frankly the expectations for GB are much lower, especially if it is a kid-friendly version without the dry adult humor of GB#1.

Last edited:
I just wish someone would buy GB away from sony. as much as I'd hate to see disney gobble up another franchise.....if they can get james earl jones to voice a star wars cartoon, they can get ghostbusters 3 to happen even without bill murray. Just get the marvel writers on it ASAP and we'll have a good, funny, scary movie if we are lucky.

Speaking of F4......it also explains why all the cast and crew are spewing F bombs at fans...only instead of the F4 crew going after the movie, they chose to attack the fans.
Maybe because the NDA they signed prohibited them from bashing the movie?

something tells me everything in that IMDB post is true...

oh, and I read something else on IMDB..another guy who's friend claims to have seen a trailer in random market testing.
again, take it for what you will......since of course there is no way they can prove it...but...

>>>>He was sat down in one of the local libraries and was asked which films he was looking most forward to, some of the choices were Tarzan, Star Trek and of course Ghostbusters. The next question had the same answers but said "film you are least excited to see". So he selected Ghostbusters. After he did that he was shown the trailer and once finished asked more questions to see if he had changed his mind.

From what he described. It sounded *beep* terrible. Said the worst part was the CGI of some of the Ghosts and said they looked too cartoon like and colourful. Something more aimed at kids.

He was saying it had that comedy in the trailer where something really dramatic is said by Kristen Wiig's character, looking frightened and bracing herself as she says something like "All the ghosts have escaped" and there's this rumbling nose but it's revealed only to be an old man pushing a dumpster who walks past her. Also the typical McCarthy humour you'd expect to be there is obviously there. He also commented on Hemsworth character who is supposed to be the nerdy looking "hunk" and once he meets them they are basically all nervous and flirty around him...again typical humour you've seen in chick flick comedies. Oh and he said Leslie Jones character gets a purple and black funeral car and turns it into Ecto 1.>>>

OK, I had to do one more since these are popping up all o ver the net. I got inspired by the office one ;o)

Last edited by a moderator:

That "trailer for a trailer" just what the **** WAS that??!! :confused that wasn't Ghostbusters that was a Michale Bay clip,looked like it could be for Transformers! :behave

Oh,gawd.....I'll watch the trailer but I ain't got any hope at this point,GBII is going to look like a masterpiece now.

lol..reading YT comments is funny. one YTer claims the trailer is coming at 11:59 tonight.

Dare we hope to dream? ;o) I guess it's always possible they decided waiting three weeks with all the negative comments wouldn't matter ;o)

Said the worst part was the CGI of some of the Ghosts and said they looked too cartoon like and colourful. Something more aimed at kids.

He was saying it had that comedy in the trailer where something really dramatic is said by Kristen Wiig's character, looking frightened and bracing herself as she says something like "All the ghosts have escaped" and there's this rumbling nose but it's revealed only to be an old man pushing a dumpster who walks past her. Also the typical McCarthy humour you'd expect to be there is obviously there. He also commented on Hemsworth character who is supposed to be the nerdy looking "hunk" and once he meets them they are basically all nervous and flirty around him...again typical humour you've seen in chick flick comedies. Oh and he said Leslie Jones character gets a purple and black funeral car and turns it into Ecto 1.>>>
CGI is generally pretty crappy looking until right before the release. Go back and look at stuff like Guardians of the Galaxy. That stuff is tweaked until the very last minute, sometimes even past that for home release. If the unfinished CGI is the worst part of the trailer, that's pretty awesome.

...and Ghostbusters as a comedy? Colorful, cartoony ghosts?! What is this nonsense?! That sort of thing has NEVER been in the Ghostbusters films. :D

With that being said, I'm pretty sure that account of the trailer is fake.
It's confirmed through on-set footage that McKinnon converts the Ectomobile, though the car is Leslie's.
It would be very easy to look through a few set photos on Google and come up with the trailer breakdown you posted. I'll be shocked if it's legit, but we'll see in March.

If I had a dime for every fake trailer description I've read for movies with overly-negative fans...

and sometimes it's permanent, like bay turtles ;o)..

I've been to one of those random screening things before. they take you to a random location, only at mine, it was three TV shows that we sat and watched. I had forgotten most of the details by the time I got home..so if you are not intentionally paying attention, it's possible to get details wrong. i'm more likely to believe that one than the previous one of the guy saying he saw a test screening of the trailer during a regular movie showing.....

Not saying people don't make things up on both sides to support their argument though...I wouldn't be surprised if half of them where fake either...
you should read some of the YT comments I got from people who support this movie. One guy thought a fan typed up all the sony email leaks on his day off ;o).
People are grasping at straws on both sides at this point just hoping the trailer proves one side or the other wrong.

So let's wait for the trailer then and stop grasping at rumours that have no official weight. If there's legit news, like that lame trailer for the trailer, go ahead and run with it. However I sincerely doubt after releasing that that they're going to come out with the full trailer tonight.

If you need to focus your GB energy you can help me with my Tobin's Spirit Guide. ;)

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Ugh... Ya, that sucks. I'll wait for context before I really unload on it but Good God that's awful.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

maybe the tarpit demon is the new terror dog and Rowan Atkinson there is the new stay puft?

MAybe IT will do a song and dance number too?
latest

Someone pointed out tarpit guy looks like this.....hmm..

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back