GHOSTBUSTERS Pre-Release - film discussion only, no social commentary please!

I should probably just leave this alone...since I've pissed off more people talking about this stupid little movie than I can remember... won't be the last time either ;o)....

the things in your posts like 'I've got too much going on in my life to devote as must time and energy as you do about a movie.'
just read to me like 'you've got no life'...while i'm trying to explain why people get so passionate about these things.the 'I pitty you' comments didn't help either.it makes it feel like your opinions are just being swept under the rug.and when you've spent a year trying to talk to people about this thing who have their own agenda in other forums(usually social things we can't bring up in this thread) and ignore the points you make about it....well, you just instantly go to defensive mode and it makes people real crazy real quick. again, all about this crappy little movie.to be honest, I wasn't sure if you where trolling me or really just didn't understand. it seemed more like the latter.

If there was any mis understanding, I apologize. but, PLEASE feel free to block me. i'll do the same. it'll make all our net lives easier ;o).
there's no budging us arrogant ********, and I freely admit I am one ;o). makes me just that more lovable and unique!

speaking of which, as michael B pointed out to everyone, choose your sides! rocks and eggs get brought out next round! ;o)
12552981_10153791599895211_9113679752532929797_n.jpg

makes me just that more lovable and unique!
If that's what you want to call it :rolleyes

Look, I wasn't looking forward to it at first. I was right there with you. I still think it's been very poorly executed. But I'm quite honestly sick and tied of all of the constant BITCHING about it. I've become a little more open minded about it and I'm just looking forward to seeing a new GB film. If it sucks, it sucks. Oh well. Nothing I can do about it.

But ***** ******, you take dead horse beating to an entirely new level. I'm as passionate about Ghostbusters as you can get. But man, at the end of the day, it's still only just a movie.

Can we edit this thread down to what OL Orange Blend said?

Cause...

Yeah...

What HE said.

I can't believe the amount of effort being expended here. :lol

I, for one, think the movie is going to suck. Female Ghostbusters I'm cool with, the way in which it came around however gives me absolutely no confidence in this being any good at all.

So I won't buy a ticket. That's about it.

It's not worth anything more than that! Buy a ticket, don't buy a ticket, I don't care. I'll admit, based on how this film came about I'd rather it not succeed, but I'm not losing sleep over it. I'd suggest that others do the same!

speaking of which, as michael B pointed out to everyone, choose your sides!

I kinda said the opposite actually. :lol

I just want to be able to open this thread and see some legit news on the film without the posts having to be riddled with bitching and arrogance. ARGH! It makes me want to pull my hair out :wacko

Last legit news on the film in this thread. Just for you. :)

Is this some new prop?

9TxbFrS1.jpg

But ***** ******, you take dead horse beating to an entirely new level. I'm as passionate about Ghostbusters as you can get. But man, at the end of the day, it's still only just a movie.

tobe perfectly honest?

at this point i've been driven insane with all the endless bitching about this thing and just want to see a GD trailer. and its not just here. this place is tame compared to others driven insane. the haters will either bevindicated and we can leave it alone for a while, or not. Right now i'm just having FUN with beating it like a dead horse. it's remarkably fun sometimes.

but, like I Said. start a positive thread. leave this one to us grumps ;o).

Last edited:
Although I will suggest to the mods one saving grace. along with maybe a little editing, lock this thing from hell until we have a trailer we can disect ;o).

You know, for being such a hardcore, passionate fan, I haven't seen you post on many of the GB prop threads recently.

I want to start on a hero pack, but i'm waiting to see what anovos does ;o).
that, and I broke my trap cartridge mid paint with an accidental drop and haven't remembered to pm in for a replacement.

and yes, all this constant negativity in the GB community wears on even me. probably why i'm having fun just letting loose on this thing non stop. I tried to keep it in check with bay turtles, because i'm more closley tied with that community, but another movie I love going so far off track was enough to go over the edge!

maybe it's a new kind of psychosis...as it was put recently with a term I love, wallowing in dissatisfaction ;o). I do apologize for anything said over the top. sometimes you just get tired and see red! I don't know if I can retrain my brain to ignore it all until a trailer comes out...sometimes I wish I could!

Guys, some people are excited for this movie. Some people aren't. No need to sway anybody, and certainly no reason to get so upset with one another. You don't have to let go of your feelings about this movie, but it really is weak that we can't discuss it without getting personal and jumping down each others' throats.

And lock it until we get a trailer? Please. Just come back when there's a trailer, if that's when you're interested in discussing it. This is the internet, you're not gonna love every conversation happening on it and there's no need to control any of them. Infinite real estate online for you to find your happy place. I made this thread when the other turned to garbage, for instance.

in that case, I'm going to try an intervention. lets try and cut back a bit.

we'll see how long I last....please movie gods, give us a superbowl trailer lol.

You know what would be absolutely hilarious? if this thing actually turns out good and all this moaning and whining we've been doing all over the net was totally null and void after they fine tuned it ;o).

OK, going to try and take a break and will start my stress relief chant ;o).... 1.2.3....3.2.1.....what the heck is bothering me.......?

Go watch Making A Murderer, then head on over to Reddit. You can rant to your heart's content without recrimination.

I almost made it three weeks. the grinch is back.

So, I watched it again....what I get from this.
- Shots stolen from Ghostbusters. a Michael Bay looking Trailer. a Possible more serious tone. The Shot of the Cops lining up looks staged almost EXACTLY like the Mask with Jim Carrey...could the dance number be intact ;o)

It shouldn't take an extra three weeks to cut together a good trailer. by then the movie will be out in under 4 months.

If It's all about perception that this thing is on the right track...they couldn't have released something like this back in December?

Then, there is this shot..
12742824_1018669971510079_4637924229536552521_n.jpg

I guess this giant microscope looking thing is supposed to be the containment unit?

Last edited by a moderator:
That was my first guess too, once I realized it wasn't camera equipment lol

I didn't even consider that option, but your right. it DOES look like a giant piece of camera equipment.
The only thing that made me consider containment unit was the giant stripe on the side.

It's funny reading reactions online to this thing. more and more people are becoming like me...just fed up with it all and having fun bashing it because people are going to react the way they are going to react no matter what you say...and actual conversation is a lost art.... maybe that's why so many of those threads turn into instant arguments ;o).
we're all so sick of it by now lol...

but, reading all the comments on FB, it seems to be about 85% hate again. very few supportive posts this time around. and the trailer has far more dislikes than likes. lol.
I wonder if sony is thinking that this thing wasn't a good idea by now. Isn't a 'teaser' for a teaser usually released 7 months prior, not 3 months prior?

well, I'll try and stay away for another three weeks ;o)....enjoy the peace ;o).

ok, one more.. this is pure genius....

and here is my less than stellar take......I could have used a few different shots from the video game though...

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back