GHOSTBUSTERS Pre-Release - film discussion only, no social commentary please!

anytime I hear the word inspired or un inspired I feel the need to bring out one of these two jpgs ;o)
12509171_10153759855080211_7306827496207734182_n.jpg

Feig is definitely an un inspired hack.

I'm loving everything about this new Ghostbusters. I think the movie is going to be hilarious and, although different, just as awesome as the original Ghostbusters. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I know everyone is tired of talking about this thing at this point, without even a trailer to judge how bad it's going to be, but some more close up shots of props.

If this thing where a sequel and had a REAL team of good lady comedians attached to it (not saturday night live rejects, or 'hated' stars like mccarthy)....AND had a real director that knew how to think out of his regular box of thoughts......I'd be far more excited now.

I don't follow modern stars much these days, but i'd be far more interested if it had someone like tina fey, jane lynch attached to it.

I also think the sloppier design work would work better in a sequel where the ghostbusters disbanded. and have been dead for a few years. all their original equipment destroyed. All they had to go on where blue prints and tv screen grabs to recreate some of the equipment, hence you get this hodge podge looking stuff. none of this stuff looking like it got cobbled together from a home depot aisle looks like it'd actually function in a real world environment.

12507138_476457265859163_6895172113206027348_n.jpg

12417676_476457289192494_9157471602205685134_n.jpg

and you know...this thing is out in June. 5 months away. has any major movie waited this long to release a trailer, or even a teaser?

I would think if not, that's not a good sign.

I know everyone is tired of talking about this thing at this point, without even a trailer to judge how bad it's going to be, but some more close up shots of props.

If this thing where a sequel and had a REAL team of good lady comedians attached to it (not saturday night live rejects, or 'hated' stars like mccarthy)....AND had a real director that knew how to think out of his regular box of thoughts......I'd be far more excited now.

I don't follow modern stars much these days, but i'd be far more interested if it had someone like tina fey, jane lynch attached to it.

I also think the sloppier design work would work better in a sequel where the ghostbusters disbanded. and have been dead for a few years. all their original equipment destroyed. All they had to go on where blue prints and tv screen grabs to recreate some of the equipment, hence you get this hodge podge looking stuff. none of this stuff looking like it got cobbled together from a home depot aisle looks like it'd actually function in a real world environment.

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=82108e270045b6a3f3fc49622f13f698&oe=5740F14D

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=3ff8fd98d81631a7a124482312d296f3&oe=5737AB1C

is that the PKE meter? or the wireless igniter for those ghost grenades..... if it is a wireless igniter, boy they must have had the Joker design it

Meh, I find those props to be better than the packs and the car. Cobbled together isn't a problem to me.

My vote is for detonator. Looks that way to me.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

yeah, just the way the thing has a handle. and I'm willing to bet you anything that if it gets brought up, the shiny lights are the wi fi sender signal ;o).

I tried watching more of spy this weekend. The constant swearing is majorly off putting. Every guy i've seen in the movie so far is either juvenile, insane, or rude and crude. all the women are top notch in everything, unless you count the goofy mcarthy. and the plot so far, what it is, is spy basic. you get a few chuckles in places..but it's nothing laugh out loud ha ha funny. and some of the stuff ('I've got a rat on my *****) is just plain bizarre out there. this doesn't bode well for ghostbusters, even if he gets reigned in by powers that be, like he obviously was on the peanuts movie (still not sure how that got done, it's so far out his wheel house).

I can't help but wonder if no trailer so far is a sign even the sony exects are starting to loosen their collars and going oh eww like nervous guy on the simpsons ;o). if you believe some of the faithful, we are still 5 months out, so they don't need to release a trailer yet. but even non big name movies have stuff out a year in advance.

Sony knows they fouled this up. The question is, how badly?

I agree 5 months is very late in the game to not even have a teaser out. But on the other hand they weren't shooting that long ago.

It's worth remembering that this GB remake does not rank as a "big" movie like the original GBs were. The SFX we saw in the originals are much cheaper these days. And furthermore, Sony is probably mistakenly thinking "a comedy doesn't need top-notch SFX".

They just finished a bunch of reshoots including the concert scene. I imagine Leslie Jones' "sweaty white people" lines (along with the "throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks" approach which generated the rest of the footage) didn't test well.

damn. now if they actually make it good, all the faithful will say 'see, what where you concerned about?' ;o)

Notice no sites seem to be mentioning these reshoots.

what's FeigBusters going to be up against this summer?

I see they moved the release date back from june to july. so they must be afraid of getting buried around something.
although with the names of movies coming out this summer, I think there is a very real chance no matter when they put it out,it has a chance of being very quickly ignored.

http://www.gossipcop.com/kristen-wiig-feud-leslie-jones-ghostbusters-on-set-fight/

this would explain why the cast hardly ever smiled ;o).

sometimes, even though I no longer feel the need to interact with some GB fan sites, it's still fun to see how the few people who will support this thing till doomsday comes are loosing their minds just like the rest of us ;o). I just can't believe that all the GB fan sites support this of their own free will, and not ONE of them is bashing it like the rest of the community. must be afraid of sony.

Just give us a damn trailer already.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back