GHOSTBUSTERS Pre-Release - film discussion only, no social commentary please!

Did I mention that the dance number was supposed to be to Thriller? Again, not the most original production in the world.

giphy.gif

Yep. Treading old water by design. I'm actually waiting to hear if they shot it or not (or used another song), but it was the plan as far back as the plot outline!

yeah, what solo said. I thought that was popping up at least as far as the third leaked sony outline. I didn't know this was in it since the begining...

so really, as far as we know, the only things that have changed since that outline are the main villain (no more stupid; becoming super ghost as lightning hits electric chair ..that might work in an earnest movie, but not here) and the comic con scene being replaced by a heavy metal ozzy concert (of all things...should have kept the comic scene...maybe NYCC wouldn't let them film due to over crowding).......

the reason that picture makes me think 'dance number' is because of the discoey looking broadway lights in the background. I picture a big musical number like the one scene in the mask with the cops and jim carrey ;o).

I've never seen the Mask (the Carrey one, not the Cher/Eric Stoltz one) but the concept always reminded me of the Harry Belafonté stuff in Beetlejuice, with ghosts sort of putting on a show by involving the living. McCarthy on wires would seem to support that notion.

If we get confirmation that this is indeed what it was/is... it will be the greatest final battle in all of cinema.

and the fact that NO ONE at sony stepped in and said... "WHAT THE FARDOOKIN ARE YOU PEOPLE ON?"

;o)

hey, it worked here, why not try it again? ;o)

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you guys serious about this Thriller thing? Is that for real? Didn't they recently do that in 13 Going On 30?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, this goes over like an admission that they underestimated the demand for a traditional GB revival and the fanbase won't be happy with the Feig movie. Shocker.

Respecting the source material - a sure sign of studio desperation.

Yeah, this goes over like an admission that they underestimated the demand for a traditional GB revival and the fanbase won't be happy with the Feig movie. Shocker.

Respecting the source material - a sure sign of studio desperation.

It could be that, yeah. It could also be a total lack of inspiration. Like, nobody was excited by what Feig originally intended, so they kept injecting more and more references to the old stuff. Or maybe that's actually what Feig came up with. Or, maybe Feig's original idea wasn't that well fleshed out after all (beyond the outline) and the actual day-to-day of it ended up being WAY more referential because it turns out nobody could think outside of that box.

Whatever the reason...

latest

Does anyone see Ivan Reitman producing a new cartoon GB based mainly on Feig's movie/characters, instead of the original GB? IMO that is pretty much the only scenario where a new cartoon doesn't undermine Feig's movie to some extent.

GB isn't Star Wars, where there is enough audience to justify multiple branches of the franchise. It wasn't that long ago that GB was considered pretty much dead. There still hasn't actually been a new movie/TV released since then.

Even if they want to incorporate both new & old GB in the new cartoon, it still implies that they should have done more of that in the movie. They don't make cartoons aiming at 40yo fans of the original GB. If anything the cartoon would be the one aimed more at the younger/newer fanbase.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back