Game of thrones kings guard armor WIP

hey josh i have some questions because i've never worked with a lot of this stuff before but how do you get the foam to keep it's shape and where do you purchase yours from?

I'm new to the community, but wanting to partake! I would also like some info on what type of foam to use, and any advice on how it compares to using PVC.

Thanks!

Sorry to ask such a stupid question, new to ALL of this and I am trying to learn as much as I can. . .how did you finally get the shoulder's formed? What Are the scales made of? I sure hope you can give me a little advise. Thanks it looks great.

Sorry to ask such a stupid question, new to ALL of this and I am trying to learn as much as I can. . .how did you finally get the shoulder's formed? What Are the scales made of? I sure hope you can give me a little advise. Thanks it looks great.

shoulders were formed by taking the foam sheet heating it up and pulling it over a bowl, did the same thing to form this breast plate but used a Styrofoam sphere instead. the scales were done with 1mm foam

1380327_679789842040728_141046028_n.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back