Full scale Nomad

Here are some updates to the model.
The main body was not that easy to put together,
but once I made a jig all sides went as planed.
This sunday I will get back to it, the lighting and detail.

injoy

ebay006-1.jpg

ebay004.jpg

ebay003-2.jpg

ebay005-1.jpg

nomad1.jpg

Yeah, that looks very nice, easy to finish.
nomad1.jpg

I'd like one, thats for sure.
I want to display NOMAD with a Kirk uniform next to it.
Just like this picture..(thanks Will)
PDVD_000-2.jpg

mee..sa... like...sa....

Last edited:
already did but shes too busy to reply:lol

can someone please tell me what it does or is?

pretty please

:cry

It's a robot probe that originally was sent out from earth, collided with an asteroid and then merged with an alien probe and became super powerful and thought that Kirk created it . . . until of course he out-smarted it! :lol

First off, awsome project!

Lights inside? Digital dialogue from the episode? That would be sweet!

I know the angles don't match in these pics, and I have no idea what sort of image compression we have from the frame cap, but a couple of things to look at just in case :)

The top turned aluminum piece seems to be tapered more on the top half than the bottom.

Even if the episode still is compressed, the "head" still seems a little long.

What pics did you use for reference?

This is a great idea!
supersig.gif

nomads.jpg

First off, awsome project!

Lights inside? Digital dialogue from the episode? That would be sweet!

I know the angles don't match in these pics, and I have no idea what sort of image compression we have from the frame cap, but a couple of things to look at just in case :)

The top turned aluminum piece seems to be tapered more on the top half than the bottom.

Even if the episode still is compressed, the "head" still seems a little long.

What pics did you use for reference?

This is a great idea!
supersig.gif

nomads.jpg

Hi there
Yes you do make some good poinst there.
But I am working with what I have to work with.
Also, I don't have a machine shop so resin will have to do.
I will do the best I can with what I have to work with.

Thanks

Oh, I'm not complaining! :D

Most of the time people post pics of their works in progress to get a few dozen trained eyes to taks a fresh look and maybe see things that you might not notice bacause of working soooo close to teh project.

Keep up the great work!
supersig.gif

I like that kind of friendly criticism, in a helpful way, like a buddy lending a hand... (or eye)!

I think it looks close enough to finish up with all the lights and sound, and will function as the original NOMAD did.
:love
The plans I spoke of are complicated to such an extent... that I was taken aback to reconsider facing the enormity and complexity of this project, even after molding 66" TOS starship shells.
NOMAD is a very complex unit, and your doing great.
:thumbsup
If I may ask, what is your first name and state or country you live in?
We can get to know you better...?

Best regards,
Ron

Well, if you want to get technical, all of the parts seem a little tall compared to the original. But, anyone who takes on a project of this magnitude deserves a medal!!!

Besides, my philosophy has always been "close enough is good enough" and all of the accuracy nazis out there can go to H-E-double hockey sticks. :p

Excellent work and more power to ya'! :thumbsup

Also, I would use a 120v power cord, with the required transformers inside the robot to power your NOMAD up.:thumbsup

Nobody wants a battery powered unit sitting there getting dimmer as the minutes go by.:cry

Best Regards,
Ron

Also, I would use a 120v power cord, with the required transformers inside the robot to power your NOMAD up.:thumbsup

Nobody wants a battery powered unit sitting there getting dimmer as the minutes go by.:cry

Best Regards,
Ron

You know, I was thinking the same thing.
What do all of you think it shoud be ??

E=mc2

What original Paramount plans? Were these available at one time?
Looks good Em. By the way, is this Emily S from San Diego?

You go girl! It looks like you took a break, glad you are back at it!

Howie

First off I wound like to point out you have a very good NOMAD going on there :)

Second I want to clear up a misunderstanding. The NOMAD plans I have hosted on my server are NOT Paramount Prints. they are a set of blue prints that were but together by a guy named Max from join research from this thread on ASAP: http://propreplicas.yuku.com/topic/8260/t/Looking-for-Nomad-Data.html

Here are the Plans: http://gbparts.danawheels.net/graphics/asap/nomad/plans/V1point0/

I hope to have mine started this summer.

Keith

Last edited:
Well, if you want to get technical, all of the parts seem a little tall compared to the original. But, anyone who takes on a project of this magnitude deserves a medal!!!

Besides, my philosophy has always been "close enough is good enough" and all of the accuracy nazis out there can go to H-E-double hockey sticks. :p

Excellent work and more power to ya'! :thumbsup

I am with AE on this!! Awesome undertaking. Man, I would love to see this get done. I have a 3d model I did for an updated Sega Strategic Operations Simulator if it would be of any help at all. Probably also not exact but pretty close.

Very cool man- Hats off!!!

Doc

P.S. Where the hell were those plans a year ago when I was working on my model??? Damn.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back