Finished my life-size sculpture of Giger Alien Version

Re: My life-size sculpture of Giger Alien Version

Slowly takes shape, it will be corrected and refined more and more, that it is nearing the end of the details.

A 1.jpg

A 2.jpg

This is impressive!! :thumbsup

One thing though are you making him symmetrical?? Nothing in nature is symmetrical! I'm sure you already know that but I wondered if you have factored that into your work.

Also, I assume your going to use these drawings for making another model... will you be finishing it by hand? or doing all the detailing & texturing on screen??

:)

This is impressive!! :thumbsup

One thing though are you making him symmetrical?? Nothing in nature is symmetrical! I'm sure you already know that but I wondered if you have factored that into your work.

Also, I assume your going to use these drawings for making another model... will you be finishing it by hand? or doing all the detailing & texturing on screen??

:)

Thanks Leigh :)
This is a model that will help me to create the poses I most like them (with a minimum gloomy scenery ) , to build them really . Maybe I'll do a little video with the alien animated ... Finished with software BLENDER , I'm going to import the model into a CAD software engineering , in which I can build, in his volume, structure in metal profiles , to derive angles and lengths of these structures .
At the end of the modeling with BLENDER , if I feel like it , take away the symmetry function and then do so making some asymmetries . The same procedure will implement it the virtual painting. But it is not strictly necessary symmetry in relation to my purposes. Of course , the asymmetries are almost necessary if I want to give the viewer the feeling that the model is real rather than virtual . On the other hand , I would never be able to create a perfect symmetry in the physical buildings . :)

P.S. I think Alien is not dead with an arrow shot from Ripley , which was dissolved by the acid. It still vague , hibernating , with the same trajectory of the spacecraft Ripley , ie towards the planet earth. Came in the wake of a comet , it has become a sphere of ice that will protect it during the descent to the earth's ocean ...

Last edited:

It's almost creepier in super smooth cg. Very cool.

Thanks Nick,
yes, now it is very smooth and this is the basic version on which to apply the most varied textures, chrome, for example, as you wanted in your previous comment, or with surface roughness given by the effect of the bump texture. Once you create the three-dimensional model, change colors and textures is quite simple.
I think these software very delightful and useful to develop ideas, why do not you waste material and not anything dirty. Also you can get an idea of the finished product, you can get the size scale of the subject, with the virtual measurement tools, as well as for those who have money, produce directly to the CNC or rapid prototyping. I, however, prefer to achieve it with hard work and the pleasure of my hands. :)

This is such pure amazing work i'm overly impressed . I wanted to ask you if you plan to sell any ? I would be very very interested.

Many thanks
B

This is such pure amazing work i'm overly impressed . I wanted to ask you if you plan to sell any ? I would be very very interested.

Many thanks
B

hello thanks for the compliments. being unique pieces built by hand the price is quite important,taking into account the taxes, royalties and shipping. I answered you in more detail with a private message.

Me too! Would love one... Maybe I'd have to win the lottery? :)

This luxurious material. Even I could not afford it, so I built it. :)
How much would you be willing to spend? :)

The material cost is € 1,500 ($ 2,000) and serve 350 hours minimum of labor.
For the hourly rate, you have to consider the fees, so you can take the hourly cost of a freelancer.

Then there are the copyrights. How much do they cost? Does anyone know?

Then the cost of packaging and transport.

If you try to calculate how much is from your calculations? :)

More amazing work - your talent knows no bounds! Love it!

Hands and arms completed.

a 2.jpg

a 1.jpg

a 3.jpg

A 4.jpg

Attachments

• A 1.jpg
    A 1.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 92
  • A 2.jpg
    A 2.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 116
  • A 3.jpg
    A 3.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

Bellissimo...favoloso!!!
Your devotion and attenion to detail with these projects is abmirable...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back