Finished my life-size sculpture of Giger Alien Version

Re: My life-size sculpture of Giger Alien Version

I am sure we all understand you my friend. I can't wait to see the progress. Colour i think will look great. I love the pose of the original above.

Hello everyone, I have almost finished arms. Soon I will make a new jaw closed.

See you soon.
IMAG1302.jpg
IMAG1303.jpg
IMAG1304.jpg

IMAG1310.jpg
IMAG1309.jpg

Thanks Leigh, this is a draft of the jaw. If I had made the movable jaw as in your alien, now I should not do it again. Patience. ;) See you soon.

Last edited:

It looks good :thumbsup :)
It took me quite a while to get the teeth to mesh & for the jaw to stay forward as it opened. It involved a lot of adjusting the jaw hinge point until I was happy.

:)

This is my first visit to the forum in a while and the first time I've seen this thread. I have to say this is a most staggering piece of work at all levels. The sculpting, painting, photography and CAD work beggers belief and it is the most complete record of our beloved Alien build to date. I have always toyed with doing an Alien build but can never make my mind up whether to do the Warrier or the Queen. The purist in me says go with the Warrior and these images tend to steer me in that direction. I must congratulate you on a remarkable piece of work and I look forward to seeing more of your work. For someone who doesn't speak English as your first language you've also done a great job of communicating your work. Simply wonderful.

It looks good :thumbsup :)
It took me quite a while to get the teeth to mesh & for the jaw to stay forward as it opened. It involved a lot of adjusting the jaw hinge point until I was happy.@

:)

Fantastic build! Giger would have been proud.

This is my first visit to the forum in a while and the first time I've seen this thread. I have to say this is a most staggering piece of work at all levels. The sculpting, painting, photography and CAD work beggers belief and it is the most complete record of our beloved Alien build to date. I have always toyed with doing an Alien build but can never make my mind up whether to do the Warrier or the Queen. The purist in me says go with the Warrior and these images tend to steer me in that direction. I must congratulate you on a remarkable piece of work and I look forward to seeing more of your work. For someone who doesn't speak English as your first language you've also done a great job of communicating your work. Simply wonderful.

Thanks Doh2, Thanks to Giger for giving us this unbeatable monster. ;)

Hello Leigh,just today,as I stared at the jaw,I realized that it is not easy to turn without rubbing the teeth. To make it easier,use an image editor to find the center of rotation, putting his jaw on a layer other than the head?

Thanks crawjaw. here in RPF there are sculptors with exceptional technical ability,which I still do not have or I have not yet ventured. They are capable of very precise things that seem real and,sometimes,even lives. They manage to combine sculpture,electronics, molds, CAD drawings and paintings of the highest level. There are so many things that I do not know how to do and materials that I never used, but I plan to learn as much as possible. Here you also learn by observing the technical steps that the authors kindly offer. This is a great incentive both to learn,and to gain self-confidence and improve. I am happy I gave you good feelings. Meanwhile I enclose the progress on the new jaw.

See you again soon.

IMAG1319.jpg
IMAG1320.jpg
IMAG1322.jpg
IMAG1323.jpg
IMAG1324.jpg
IMAG1325.jpg
IMAG1326.jpg

Attachments

• unnamed--630b432ddd.jpg
    unnamed--630b432ddd.jpg
    564.2 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

You're too modest, this work wouldn't look out of place in Giger's own museum. Thanks for the update.

That's looking REALLY GOOD!!! Me likey :thumbsup :)

You're too modest, this work wouldn't look out of place in Giger's own museum. Thanks for the update.

Thank you, :) there are still several details and proportions that are not aligned with the original Giger Alien. Some of these do not interest me, but others I want them. I hope to approach more in the coming Giger Alien I'll do. I hope I do not go crazy through the fault of Alien!:wacko
:D
However, in essence, I am very happy. ;)

That's looking REALLY GOOD!!! Me likey :thumbsup :)

Hello Leigh, I'm glad you like it. :)
Just today I found a picture where we can see how it was done the mold of transparent dome.
sdsdome.jpg
As I had imagined, to realize the one with the undercuts, you need to cut leaving the printer, because otherwise it would not be extractable. I also see that the rear ellipsoidal, is entire, rather than divided as I have seen in some original heads. Maybe there were different versions? Then I do not understand the clay placed under the mold. However, unless one has a friend who produces thermoformed, this remains a work to do at home, also building the system of thermoforming. If you'll just make the mold for the next alien, I will continue to do so as my previous.

Its a good pic! I've had this pic in my collection for a long time now, if you look closely at the back you can see the web that's formed due to the extreme undercut :)

Its a good pic! I've had this pic in my collection for a long time now, if you look closely at the back you can see the web that's formed due to the extreme undercut :)

Thanks Leigh,

Some solutions ...
This is the assembly system for the bone of the elbow: A rod of aluminum 8mm diameter inserted in an aluminum pipe. is rightly precise, easy to insert, clearance and friction.
IMAG1335.jpgIMAG1333.jpgIMAG1332.jpg

Than the previous, I improved the construction of the tail, both for the size decreasing towards the tip, both for the coupling between the pipes. As an end result should be more linear and clean. I'll have to hide the end of the tubes (where they overlap) with the vertebrae.

IMAG1336.jpgIMAG1338.jpgIMAG1339.jpgIMAG1341.jpgIMAG1343.jpgIMAG1345.jpgIMAG1350.jpg
This week I should finish the tail. Then, since the bottom and the final sanding the new parts, I will paint everything.

Eventually I will paint your teeth with Chrome mirror. I'm still undecided whether to use a spray paint Economic € 6 or € 77 250ml with airbrush, + transparent layer 44 €. Because the first is more precarious scratch, but it is rare that you touch the teeth and in the case can be removed with acetone and repaint. We welcome your advice. :)

IMAG1331.jpg

See you again soon.

Last edited:

Hello everyone, here's arms and jaw painted with the new color,more like the original. I'll have to add some nuance beige. And a little dirty at the base of the teeth chrome. Of course I'll have to do the same action on the whole body. I should finish within the next week. So this thread will be closed .... finally. :)
IMAG1367.jpg

Superb !!!

Excellent! :)

Hello guys and thanks for the comments.
This alien is finished. There would be inside the mouth, but I will calmly and I'm not going to reopen this thread. I do not know how to rename the thread title to add "finished". If someone knows it and is not too complicated to explain, I'd be glad to hear it. Enjoy the movie by putting it in HD. See you again soon. ;)

P1000225.JPG

P1000201.JPGP1000202.JPGP1000203.JPGP1000204.JPGP1000206.JPGP1000207.JPGP1000208.JPGP1000210.JPGP1000211.JPGP1000212.JPGP1000213.JPGP1000214.JPGP1000215.JPGP1000216 2.JPGP1000217.JPGP1000219.JPGP1000222.JPGView attachment 381459
IMAG1386.jpgP1000228 2.jpgIMAG1388.jpgIMAG1390.jpgP1000233.JPG

Attachments

• P1000220.JPG
    P1000220.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 149
Last edited by a moderator:

Wow so there it is in all of it's mighty glory. You have done an incredible job with this beautiful beast my friend congratulations. The paint work is awesome and i love the pose you went with. Couldn't be better. 100/100

Amazing work! Now I want one of my own :)

I love the darker paint job!

Beautiful work, sir.

Wow so there it is in all of it's mighty glory. You have done an incredible job with this beautiful beast my friend congratulations. The paint work is awesome and i love the pose you went with. Couldn't be better. 100/100

Thank you all.
Pnag, if you do not live far away, you could save the postage and come and get it with the truck and the cash. :) Maybe it would be a affordable price.

Daring, the next will make them first-hand with a black background, and then light shades, rather than the opposite (as I did with this one), so I would save time and colors.

Nial, although I think this enough to say that I have ALIEN at home, I think the next will be even better.

Thank you all and the next episode. :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back