Finished my life-size sculpture of Giger Alien Version

Re: My life-size sculpture of Giger Alien Version

Pure Awesomeness!!! Superb :thumbsup :)

I want one of those so badly!!! :)

That really is incredible. I would love one of those in the corner of my office. Not sure what the wife would say.
You have done a truly amazing job with that!

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!

fantastic job !
:thumbsup

Staggering work. Wow.

Hello everyone, and thank you for your comments.
I'm at the end of this project, but I'd like to do it again over again, more beautiful and more faithful to the original. But it was hard and soon I'll do something less complicated. :facepalm
Thank you all for your advice, especially the alien brother Leigh :) and the mythical vaderdarth, both connoisseurs of Alien, who helped me in the most dubious choices. :)
I enclose a video summary of all the construction and the latest new images. There is still something to improve in the colors of the tail, and the actual label on the pedestal is only temporary.

See you soon at the next job. :)

P1000117.JPG

P1000116.JPG

P1000121.JPG
Ah ... I forgot, my Alien is phosphorescent, but my camera is not able to grasp the most of this effect, reducing it significantly.

P1000110.JPG

P1000109.JPG

P1000109  2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

This is terrifying.

my-life-size-sculpture-giger-alien-version-p1000109-2.jpg-284923d1392144675

Have you thought about frosting up the interior of the dome? Seems a little too clean and see-through compared to the original.

Something in between these two where you can the detailing but there is still a bit of mystery too it?

alien-dome-jaw.jpg

27720001e2.jpg

Minor complaint.

Stunning.

This is terrifying.

http://www.therpf.com/attachments/f...lien-version-p1000109-2.jpg-284923d1392144675

Have you thought about frosting up the interior of the dome? Seems a little too clean and see-through compared to the original.

Something in between these two where you can the detailing but there is still a bit of mystery too it?

http://www.empireonline.com/images/uploaded/alien-dome-jaw.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f291/sabres21768/AlienReference/ALIEN/27720001e2.jpg

Minor complaint.

Stunning.

Nick Thanks for the advice,

I am aware of the many differences, some scrolls, such as the skin clearer, and not silver teeth, to have the effect phosphorescent, other differences caused by inexperience, haste, images are not original, dimensional errors.

between photos of the original that can be found on the web, I could not understand what was the final one. Even between the two images you've attached, there is a difference in shape and transparency. For the form I tried to copy the second. As far as the "spider web" under the dome, I tried to mimic that of Yoshihiko Sano, but when I put a layer of clear gloss sprey, the effect is diminished web. Maybe I should use the transparent opaque?

If in the future I'll want, I'll bring my alien more similar to the original: silver teeth, dark skin, spider webs and more apparent increased opacity in the dome.

P1000159.JPG

SanoAlienFinishedFrontGrayBackground   2.jpg

This is terrifying.http://www.therpf.com/attachments/f...lien-version-p1000109-2.jpg-284923d1392144675Have you thought about frosting up the interior of the dome? Seems a little too clean and see-through compared to the original.Something in between these two where you can the detailing but there is still a bit of mystery too it?http://www.empireonline.com/images/uploaded/alien-dome-jaw.jpghttp://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f291/sabres21768/AlienReference/ALIEN/27720001e2.jpgMinor complaint. Stunning.
Hello Nick,I focused on scenes from the film,and indeed it was necessary to dull the clear dome.
1z47.jpg

Compare differences in size. Unfortunately, the prospects for a little distort the measurements.
swm2.jpg

Interesting! The head on mine (Bob) will be 909mm when finished. Surprisingly close to your Sano sculpt, yet I used the original for size reference :confused

I'd love to know exactly how long the original head is?

:)

Interesting! The head on mine (Bob) will be 909mm when finished. Surprisingly close to your Sano sculpt, yet I used the original for size reference :confused

I'd love to know exactly how long the original head is?

:)

Unfortunately I do not know. These are just the measures that are in relation to the height of my alien, which is 2.4 meters. These measurements are approximate, with a tolerance of at least 1cm. To get a more realistic,if you do not find on the internet,you should know how alien is high and have an image of the original alien with minimal perspective distortion.

Well done, simply awesome.

This is incredible!
You should show it off over at the Aliens Legacy, too!
The Aliens Legacy ? Index page

You're gonna blow some minds!

Wow! What an amazing piece! It looks awesome!!

Thanks guys,
Since the construction of the alien I liked it and I enjoyed it, even though it was tiring, I'm thinking of making other lifesize alien again, that is, without making molds of this, probably another two Giger aliens. Going to optimize sizes, shapes and finishes relatively to Giger Alien original, with the addition of other removable parts, such as the torso and rear tubes. These will not be phosphorescent, so will be darker colored, as much as possible like the original, silver teeth and so on.

Cheers :)

That use of phosphorescent paint is the final touch of brilliance!!! Anyone sneaking into your house for a spot of burglary is going to drop dead on the spot from a heart attack !!! Great, great work, you should be really chuffed with the result.

That use of phosphorescent paint is the final touch of brilliance!!! Anyone sneaking into your house for a spot of burglary is going to drop dead on the spot from a heart attack !!! Great, great work, you should be really chuffed with the result.

Yes, I am happy. The work is exhausting, because it is a second "job", and at times would also like to finish, but as soon as there was refreshed and are satisfied, immediately arises the desire to do even more and better than before. Because the man is alive only when it is passionate.:)

IMAG1266.jpg

IMAG1264.jpg

I want to make two more again, no print copies, so it will become a collection. :)

I am trying to build the CAD model with open source software BLENDER.
Also put the skeleton to give different poses eighth passenger. :)
The one I like best, will be built.
Alien.jpg

Alien 2.jpg

Alien 3.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back