Fine Molds X-Wing "Red 4" in 1/48th

Devin

I finished this X-Wing earlier in the year, just recently had the time to do photos and such. More on my website here:
Devin J. Poore

IMG_4279.jpg IMG_4283.jpg IMG_4289.jpg

Thanks, guys.

The yellow striping is based on a lot of studio scale builds that I looked at by builders on this site. The yellow should actually be more of a mustard shade, which it is in person, looks much brighter in the photos. Actually, the canopy color is what I wanted all of the yellow to look like, it's spot-on for what I was going for. It's the same yellow on the canopy and fuselage, but the canopy is over black undercoat, while the fuselage is over the gray. Have to do that differently next time.

The large clamps were for the only real fit issue I had on the kit: the nose cone and the butt plates fit, but had some gaps. Lots of liquid cement and a night in the clamps fixed that!

Absolutely stunning! I saved the pics and altered them so the yellow was more mustard.....if this is how it looks in real life!!!! WOW!!!!! Very impressed!

Rich

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back