Final Admiral Ackbar Lifesized wearable head

A few have asked what the eye upgrade would be, so heres my idea..if anyone has a suggestion on a better way, I am open for suggesstions -

first off, you have all seen those spiders or scorpions people trap in a plastic half sphere as a paperweight? that is sorta my idea for deluxe fish eyes.

I am taking a plastic hollow ball (like something found at a craft store) and cutting one half in half again, so its the perfect fit from behind, and barely protruding from the eye socket...then sanding down the middle to make it smooth...then molding it, and then getting some bubbleless clear resin to pour into the ball about 1 inch worth.

allowing to harden, then creating maybe with photo shop the ackbar pupil, black and yellow (fish eye) and printing it on a laser color printer, carefully cutting it out and placing/glueing it face down into the ball onto of the clear.
resin.

then mounting the new eye from inside the head so it comes slightly out and into place as a fish eye...to give some depth..

so anyone have experience making large sized fish eyes? is there a better way? any?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back