Fight Club Tyler Durden T-shirts?

Yes it does have it. I noticed it last time I watched the film. The scene outside the bar with the first fight when tyler is lifts his arm to smoke, you can clearly see it. I didn't get a proper chance to snap the seam on the xmart jacket, but on that particular jacket, it stops short of the pocket. It's actually a touch lower on the jacket. It should meet the pocket flap but didn't on that one. Hopes this helps.

the picture of x-marts jacket you've posted above clearly shows this detail.

so the screenused jacket has the same stitch pattern as the xmart jacket? Yea the pics of the xmart jacket clearly show a difference in that detail. So you confirm that the jacket in the film has a different detail as the ones Logan is producing now? I just wanna be sure.

I just wanna be sure because I think $850 is a ridiculous price to pay for a blazer or car coat. I can understand for a pair of wesco boots or a motorcycle jacket which is made to be beat up but not a blazer. For that price it's got to be 100% exact lol

From what I can see. The film jacket details are the same as the ones that Jonathan is producing now. However, Someone posted on the FJ website years ago of a very bright red JAL jacket I taken in his studio and the seam was stitching like behind the elbow. So, inconsistencies are something we have to get used to with someone who has made more jackets and garments than we could ever know. Someone (I don't know who) got him to change that around the time it was discovered that he was the maker around '08. I'm thinking before that he didn't get anywhere the amount of orders as he's had in the past 7 years or so. For the fight club jacket that is. When I ordered mine a week later there was an article in Empire magazine about the jacket. That was quite crazy.

I tried carefully looking at every scene where it's possible to see that detail but i couldn't see anything. The best possible scenes to see it in are when he picks up Marla and when they first fight. Wish I had looked at it when I went to see the costume exhibit but I didn't

Last edited:
I just wanna be sure because I think $850 is a ridiculous price to pay for a blazer or car coat. I can understand for a pair of wesco boots or a motorcycle jacket which is made to be beat up but not a blazer. For that price it's got to be 100% exact lol

If you think 850 is a lot to pay for a handmade leather garment from one of the top leather artisans in the world and would rather buy sweatshop designer stuff, go for it. Personally, I think Jonathan's prices are very fair. think about that. 'Handmade to your specifications by the designer' I've never known of anything else with that sort of prestige. When you consider other designer jackets are made by 11 year olds in Cambodia and they're anything up to 5 times more, I think you'd be stupid to complain.

Lol there's a big difference between $850 and sweatshop prices. Don't get it twisted. And yes, I think $850
for a button blazer jacket is pretty expensive. The quality and design are worth it, but like I said, for me $850
is more than I'd pay for a red calf skin button blazer.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol there's a big difference between $850 and sweatshop prices. Don't get it twisted. And yes, I think $850
for a button blazer jacket is pretty expensive. The quality and design are worth it, but like I said, for me $850

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg These are the best looks I can get and its still not good enough

Given that the pockets on the screenused jacket are off to the sides like the current jackets made and the fact that the xmart jacket has its pockets slightly more forward, I think the screenused may be designed like the current jackets. If you look at every pick of the screenused jacket and the current jackets, the pockets are farther back and to the sides.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    422.1 KB · Views: 94
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 96

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. There is a massive difference. One is am 850 dollar jacket handmade by somebody at the top of their field and the other is a mass produced over priced lesser quality product made by an 11 year old, and you think that the JAL is the bad deal? Sorry but for the money, the JAL is a bargain.

Yep. There is a massive difference. One is am 850 dollar jacket handmade by somebody at the top of their field and the other is a mass produced over priced lesser quality product made by an 11 year old, and you think that the JAL is the bad deal? Sorry but for the money, the JAL is a bargain.

I don't know of any sweatshop mass produced jacket that costs $850. It doesn't happen. At least that I know of. We will disagree on that bargain thing. You're also not getting my point. It's not that Logan's jackets are worth it. They obviously are because you and Aj have had like 10 between you two lol. I'm saying no matter what the quality, I don't feel a simple couture button blazer is worth that much. It means a lot to you guys but to the average joe, it's not different than a SR jacket or even Maxcady jacket.

i am an average Joe. i'm not a movie producer. i'm not rich. i just believe in paying for quality and I'm happy to pay the right person to do a good job. Soul Revolver jackets ARE NOT worth the money they charge. The JAL is, regardless of whether or not you think the style is worth is the money. sorry, don't want to clog the forum with this petty crap, I'll shut up now.

Last edited:
Given that the pockets on the screenused jacket are off to the sides like the current jackets made and the fact that the xmart jacket has its pockets slightly more forward, I think the screenused may be designed like the current jackets. If you look at every pick of the screenused jacket and the current jackets, the pockets are farther back and to the sides.

Danman,
can you be more specific as to which jackets you are talking about here? I guess my confusion comes from the x-mart jacket being the on on the screenused website and I believe you are talking about the fox studios jacket as screenused? I think I know what you are saying here but want to make sure not to misinterpret. Also which are you talking about when you say current? Thanks!

X-Mart = Screenused.com. This one may or may not have ever shown up in the movie. Doesn't seem like it did.
Toms = duplicate based on the Xmart jacket when Tom owned it and had it in hand
Fox Studios Jacket = holy grail, the one on display and the one that was certainly used in the movie.

If the fox studios jacket has felt under the collar and lining on the inside of the pockets, it would confirm that the xmart jacket was one of (however many) made for the movie. Maybe the first test or something. Also, I am inclined to think that JAL was contracted to make the jackets, kaplan and his team got a hold of them and replaced the underside of the collar and pockets to make it hang looser, more freely and lighter. I would not think that it came from JAL with the felt like that.

Sorry Steve, what I mean by screenused is the actual screen used jacket as in the jacket in Fox Studios and at the costume exhibit. The xmart jacket has a different pattern on the back side than the jackets Logan is producing now and I was wondering if the fox jacket has the same pattern as the current Logan jackets or if it matches the xmart jacket. If you look at the pictures I posted for comparison you will see. When I say current jackets I say everything he is doing now. Like I've said, even though the new jackets are based on the " original pattern ", almost all the current jackets look different and the collar/lapel are not exact measurements to the one Pitt wore. It's the same shape/pattern and idea but it's just slightly off from the jacket in the movie. Collar length
is longer on the jacket in the film.

- - - Updated - - -

Danman,
can you be more specific as to which jackets you are talking about here? I guess my confusion comes from the x-mart jacket being the on on the screenused website and I believe you are talking about the fox studios jacket as screenused? I think I know what you are saying here but want to make sure not to misinterpret. Also which are you talking about when you say current? Thanks!

X-Mart = Screenused.com. This one may or may not have ever shown up in the movie. Doesn't seem like it did.
Toms = duplicate based on the Xmart jacket when Tom owned it and had it in hand
Fox Studios Jacket = holy grail, the one on display and the one that was certainly used in the movie.

If the fox studios jacket has felt under the collar and lining on the inside of the pockets, it would confirm that the xmart jacket was one of (however many) made for the movie. Maybe the first test or something. Also, I am inclined to think that JAL was contracted to make the jackets, kaplan and his team got a hold of them and replaced the underside of the collar and pockets to make it hang looser, more freely and lighter. I would not think that it came from JAL with the felt like that

Last edited:
Here are my thoughts, I've been following Pitt's career closely for a while. And I am very very knowledgeable about the film industry. What I believe is that they made the xmart jacket and made a copy of it, but given that the jacket needs to appear worn and weathered, Pitt and Fincher decided to wear just one throughout the whole production. Pitt has had a lot of power throughout his film career and has always had a hand in decision making. There are no stunts performed in the film with the red button jacket. As far as I know, the only main stunts performed are fights when Tyler is in the black sugar tank. There is no need to make more than two or three button jackets if the jacket was suppose to look beat up. Once they soaked it at the ending before the car crash scene, it took on that final look that it has now, which is rubbery and sloppy looking. That's my two cents

By the way guys, (And I think it was Danman that had mentioned this) I bought a pair of Oliver Peoples 523 1998 from a guy recently. The lenses are old but I think these are the fabled "gothic rose" or "coral" lenses.

I remember Danman said he had a pair a while back. Will post some pictures.

You bought those? I thought they guy seemed shady. He had no feedback and a very short description of the sunglasses. I'm glad it was legit. Yea they looked like the vintage gothic rose

Yeah the guy was a little odd. He didnt even ship it with an OP case or cleaning cloth. I am surprised they didnt get smashed.

There was something odd too was his PP email was incorrect as it went pending.

I inspected them and they look fine. A lot better than Itsalwayssunnys current 1998's which are really torn up for 749 bucks.

- - - Updated - - -

I plan to post pictures when it is daylight.

Hey guys. Has anyone else not gotten their blacksugartank? Ordered mine a while back, and haven't gotten it. And does anyone know when MaxCady's will have more tucan shirts?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back