Fifth Element Grappa Bottle - Original - Free - HERE IT IS !!

I ended up having an 11" x 17" print of this label done too....and it now hangs in my bathroom.

I had an extra frame :)

Finally found a bottle I liked for the supergreen label, so I threw this together:

my5egb.jpg

Thanks Alan!

Hey all,

I did a small run of these on "Fathead" type of low adhesive backed vinyl.
The first 12 to provide a mailing address can have one for free.

Tony

grappavinaccia.jpg

Last edited:
Cool beans Tony! I'd like one.

@Nexus6 Did you end up using the Aqua Panna bottle? Haven't been able to find that or anything close.

@Nexus6 Did you end up using the Aqua Panna bottle? Haven't been able to find that or anything close.
I did not.

In MY opinion, not only was the 'MARCATI' name removed from the screen-used label, but I believe it was also reduced in overall size before being applied to the bottle.

Using the actual-sized label requires a bottle that is FAR too large to have been used in the scene. One of the things I feel I'm very good at, is dissecting screencaps to determine the real-life sizes of screen-used props. After months of mulling, pondering, researching, photo-manipulating, & measuring (real bottles, labels, screencaps, comparing them to the perceived size of the bottle in relation to the guessimated size of Luke Perry's hands), here is the bottle I picked:

When the bottle visible in the screencaps is turned & resized to match the height of the bottle I used, the width of both mine & the film bottles were basically identical. And when placed in an average persons hands (I had to find a hand-proxy, as my mitts are big) the comparisons are uncannily close.

AND therefore, the "life-sized" label was FAR too big. It wrapped WAY too far around the bottle, was too close to the bottom, & too high to wrap neatly around the tapering bottle. SO, I resized the label to:

3 1/2" wide, which reduces the height (if your program retains the aspect ratio) to:

4 3/16" tall.

So yeah, I hope that's clear enough. If not, let me know. And again, those are all just my opinions. BUT I think everyone who uses the full-sized label will find that it just doesn't fit most bottles the way the screen-used label did. And if you do find a bottle that it will fit, the bottle will be much bigger than the film bottle.

IMO. :wacko

I did not.

In MY opinion, not only was the 'MARCATI' name removed from the screen-used label, but I believe it was also reduced in overall size before being applied to the bottle.

Using the actual-sized label requires a bottle that is FAR too large to have been used in the scene. One of the things I feel I'm very good at, is dissecting screencaps to determine the real-life sizes of screen-used props.

I am terrible at this, so I'm glad you consult. I once spent hours at one those ABC warehouses looking for suitable Indiana Jones bottles. :confused Finally the management asked me to buy something or leave. :behave

After months of mulling, pondering, researching, photo-manipulating, & measuring (real bottles, labels, screencaps, comparing them to the perceived size of the bottle in relation to the guessimated size of Luke Perry's hands), here is the bottle I picked:

When the bottle visible in the screencaps is turned & resized to match the height of the bottle I used, the width of both mine & the film bottles were basically identical. And when placed in an average persons hands (I had to find a hand-proxy, as my mitts are big) the comparisons are uncannily close.

AND therefore, the "life-sized" label was FAR too big. It wrapped WAY too far around the bottle, was too close to the bottom, & too high to wrap neatly around the tapering bottle. SO, I resized the label to:

3 1/2" wide, which reduces the height (if your program retains the aspect ratio) to:

4 3/16" tall.

So yeah, I hope that's clear enough. If not, let me know. And again, those are all just my opinions. BUT I think everyone who uses the full-sized label will find that it just doesn't fit most bottles the way the screen-used label did. And if you do find a bottle that it will fit, the bottle will be much bigger than the film bottle.

IMO.

Thanks for sharing your source and resizing info, it's greatly appreciated!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back