Farnsworth Discussion

Here's my first attempt!
It's far from perfect, but I was in a bit of a rush to have it ready in time for the missus' birthday tomorrow.
View attachment 195594
View attachment 195595
Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

Looks great! I'm sure she's going to love it.

I got all my pieces, but the plate corners don't match my non-wheatley fly-box, so I'm gonna have to grind it down a bit before I'll be able to put everything together.

Looks great! I'm sure she's going to love it.

Cheers! Thanks for that!
I think that she loves this more than the jewelry from last year! Who knew?
I put a bow on it, set the ring for a ten second delay, put it on the night stand, and left the room.

I think that this almost makes up for how much I laughed last week when my 3 year old told her that he and I were going of on adventures in the TARDIS in the back yard, to (not making this up) "rescue the hotties and aliens," but she had to stay home and make sandwiches for when we get back!

Sent from my SGH-S959G using Tapatalk 2

I think that this almost makes up for how much I laughed last week when my 3 year old told her that he and I were going of on adventures in the TARDIS in the back yard, to (not making this up) "rescue the hotties and aliens," but she had to stay home and make sandwiches for when we get back!

ROFL! My wife, daughter, and I got a good laugh out of that. My wife's question: "Where did the 3 year old hear about rescuing hotties?" lol

I'm trying to (finally) finish mine, which i started in 2010 for my daughter. Let her have a rough mock-up (case with printed plate...) so she could dress up as Claudia for Dragon*Con that year. Then it slipped behind many other things...

I think she made a convincing Claudia! Of course, now I have to go make Claudia's now...

Lizzie-&-Eddie.pngLizzie-&-Neil.png

I think she made a convincing Claudia! Of course, now I have to go make Claudia's now...

View attachment 196152View attachment 196153

That's awesome! And in answer to your wife's query: I'm not entirely sure, but at a guess it does sound like something that his teenage sister would say.

Are you still in need of a 15mm foil back cabochon? I have a few spares lying around, and would be more than happy to send you one!

Anybody got good suggestions on part numbers/sources for a potentiometer and a 12-position rotary switch? I've been through my local Radio Shack without finding good candidates, and I'd rather narrow the search before rummaging through a full-on electronic parts store. Everywhere I've searched online is a little vague on these items.

Something like this? I know it's in Australia but then so am I. I don't know where you are but if they are easy to find here they should be easy to find almost anywhere.

Rotary Switch 1 Pole 12 Position MBB PIC Arduino AVR AU Stock | eBay

or China

1pc Rotary Switch Potentiometer 1 Pole 12 Position 12ps | eBay

ONE Pole 12 Position Panel Wiring Rotary Switch 1P12T S | eBay (I used this type as the pins are easy to bend flat.)

This type of pot is really easy to fit under the panel.

50K OHM Single Linear Taper 3P 3 PIN Rotary Potentiometers Pots 2pcs | eBay

Anybody got good suggestions on part numbers/sources for a potentiometer and a 12-position rotary switch? I've been through my local Radio Shack without finding good candidates, and I'd rather narrow the search before rummaging through a full-on electronic parts store. Everywhere I've searched online is a little vague on these items.

All finished! As a replica prop, I don't think it's going to win any prizes, but I feel I should get bonus points for having made the faceplate from scratch. The faceplate is pitted slightly where the printer ink mask started to break down (*cough* "weathering"). The 300 second sound card works well, although I was almost crying when I shorted it out last night. Fortunately it does have a fuse of sorts on there, which saved the day. All in all, I'm pretty happy with the result.

I've include a shot of the really nasty looking insides just in-case this is helpful to somebody. The faceplate is held on by an arrangement of magnets. You are going to laugh, but I was actually surprised to find brass is not magnetic! Epoxy resin soon resolved that issue.

Farns1.jpgFarns2.jpg

Very nicely done. I don't know if you are interested, but if you bought the 300 second USB recording module, you can adjust the blink rate of the LED. The default blink rate is quite fast compared to the one in the show. In the PM66 Write software, it's the last column call "flash" that sets the rate. Nice case paint job by the way.

anyone know what happened to jedibugs? I pm'd him or at least tried and it says he's banned. Hope someone might know what happened to him and maybe someone might have his email address. PM me if you know the scoop.

peace.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back