Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (Post-release)

Re: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

I'm loving the all the new creatures in the clip; the Thunderbird, the Demiguise, the Occamy and the Billywig! Also looks like the 'goblin gangster' might be Ron Perlman's character...just guessing though.

The Comic-Con Fantastic Beasts intro with Eddy Redmayne distributing wands to the crowd was so fun to see.

Anyway it looks like it's going to be a
fantastic movie! I can hardly wait until November!

Last edited by a moderator:

As said before - trailer feels great and gets me really hyped for film BUT... CG looks bad at that point (understandable as they still have few months to polish it).

Last edited:

Won't lie. Hype is suddenly on point. And the ******* music throughout and over the title card, tingles down my jingles!! This looks pretty epic!

Ugh..... I was looking forward to this a lot....now it just looks like recycle x-men plot. Also too many explosions, I was hoping for just a nice magical adventure, not a Man of Steel type exploding buildings movie.

It looks wonderful to me, but I do wish they would not have cgi'd the Ron Perlman gangster....they should have done the amazing makeup work like they did with Warwick Davis' Griphook character in Deathly Hallows. That was so beautifully realistic. The cgi animals I can tolerate, but not the humanoid ones.

Still can't wait though....!!!

I saw this poster on Facebook earlier and thought "Wow, someone looks terribly put out that these monsters are disrupting his tea time..."

16810309d10e16135b7c49f7894d4319.jpg

Grindelwald mentioned in the trailer....

2nd or 3rd movie - Dumbeldore vs Grindelwald, the greatest duel of all time? Cast a younger Dumbledore?

Has anyone else see the fantastic beasts soundtrack titles? For example, number 13 - 'The Obscurus' - Obscurus being the publisher of fantastic beasts book in the wizarding world. Or is this another beast name?

With less than two weeks, we will find out. I pre-ordered the Deluxe Soundtrack, but, I have to wait until after the movie comes out to hear it. I am so looking forward to seeing this movie!

Spoilers ahead.

Caught the movie last night. I'm not a Potter junkie by any means, but I thought it was alright. I couldn't understand what Eddie Redmayne was saying throughout half the movie because of his thick accent and the mumbling/bumbling nature of his character. By far my favorite character in the film was Dan Fogler's. A few surprisingly dark moments (for those who are taking their kiddos), so be watchful for those. I walked out of it just thinking "Meh." Nothing in this film is particularly memorable. The music is underwhelming, and I can't remember a single cue (besides the traditional Harry Potter theme cues that they use to tie this film to the other HP films). Collin Farrell was good, but you see the turn coming from the first moment you're introduced to him (juxtaposition of shots, musical cues, moody lighting, stark wardrobe, etc...). There was so much unmotivated camera movement in this film that it's almost funny, and certainly vomit-inducing (although we DID see it in IMAX, so that could be a large contributor to it). Anyway.

I'd give it a 5/10.

SB

As a Potter junkie, of course I love it. It has so many surprises that I was thrilled, I laughed a lot and cried, too. One thing that disappointed me was that some of my favorite scenes in the trailers, were different in the movie, and I do know that happens a lot to other movies, it is that I am just saying it. I want a Niffler, then I can be rich, when it ain't looking. :)

I liked it. I'm a big Potter fan and I avoided the trailer. I wanted to go in blank and ended up happy.

I will say that I now just hate most opening day movie goers. With TFA I waited until day two and two different people spoiled Han falling. So this one I went opening day and people talked during it. What is it about these people that makes them just incapable of shutting the hell up for one single day?

I agree, they should shut up. I went opening day and the time I went there were only a few watching the movie, it was at 11 AM, so no worry of spoilers. I did watch many trailer and behind the scene videos, and still was surprised while watch the movie.

I actually had nothing to worry about spoiler-wise. I haven't heard many talking about this one, which surprises me. I thought it was really good, if you're into the Potter stuff.

*Spoilers ahead*

This movie was alright but largely unmemorable. Dan Fogler stood out as being good, but the other characters seemed fairly one dimensional. It didn’t have a great deal of character, there was no magical world building, the costumes were nondescript, there were no stand out props, of the fantastic beasts the Botruckle and the Niffler were good but pure CGI and I found they weren’t characterful enough to leave much of an impression. The story was a mash of about four different sub plots and the only one I really cared about was whether Jacob got his bakery.

Wouldn’t say this movie was a turkey but it didn’t inspire me.

*Spoilers ahead*

This movie was alright but largely unmemorable. Dan Fogler stood out as being good, but the other characters seemed fairly one dimensional. It didn’t have a great deal of character, there was no magical world building, the costumes were nondescript, there were no stand out props, of the fantastic beasts the Botruckle and the Niffler were good but pure CGI and I found they weren’t characterful enough to leave much of an impression. The story was a mash of about four different sub plots and the only one I really cared about was whether Jacob got his bakery.

Wouldn’t say this movie was a turkey but it didn’t inspire me.

The uninspired costume design makes sense when you think of them in the proper context. Remember, we're not dealing with wizards and witches in a magical realm in a school for magic, we're dealing with magic people living in the Muggle world so of course their clothes are going to look the same as everyone so as not to stand out. Since we're talking about the '20s and, for the most part, the working class, their clothes aren't going to be that fancy or flashy and even the rich didn't wear anything that was all that flashy or fancy for everyday wear. This means suits or at least button up shirt and pants for men and (mostly) basic dresses for the women.

Just saw it. Overall I liked it. There were parts that really seemed to drag out, and also it felt sort of like a marvel movie, where they couldn't seem to be able to decide if they wanted the tone to be humorous or dark. I'm definitely excited to see the rest! Also I really want Matt Smith to play...
...Newt's brother, the war hero, Theseus Scamander

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back