Factory Entertainment SDCC booth

IMG_2706.jpeg

IMG_2719.jpeg

Just out of curiosity, not related to this and asking for a friend.

How much do kidneys go for these days?
On the black market (if you want a kidney), they'll charge you between $100 000 and $200 000. If you want to sell yours, you'll get $2000 or $3000 according to age/health of the donor. Yes; organized crime needs to make a profito_Oo_O:(:(
Not enough for the Enterprise D:eek:

Looking a the picture of the refit enterprise that appears to be a Shatner signature plaque so maybe these are signature editions.

On the black market (if you want a kidney), they'll charge you between $100 000 and $200 000. If you want to sell yours, you'll get $2000 or $3000 according to age/health of the donor. Yes; organized crime needs to make a profito_Oo_O:(:(
Not enough for the Enterprise D:eek:
That's just extortion

Looking a the picture of the refit enterprise that appears to be a Shatner signature plaque so maybe these are signature editions.
The 1980 motion picture one comes with a shatner signature. I believe they are all signature editions. Nb, they are made to order.

According to the FE spokesperson I talked to, the ET prototype model was produced to gauge the level of interest in order to estimate the edition size, and will definitely be produced.

Last edited:
The 1980 motion picture one comes with a shatner signature. I believe they are all signature editions. Nb, they are made to order.

Based on who I talked to, the ET model is to weigh the level of interest in order to gauge edition size, and will definitely be produced.
Oh yeah I could not read the plaque but I recognize that signature anywhere

According to the FE spokesperson I talked to, the ET prototype model was produced to gauge the level of interest in order to estimate the edition size, and will definitely be produced.
Don't suppose there was a price point on the E.T. ship?

The phaser looks great and it is so good to hear the proper sound effect when the power increase and decrease buttons are pressed, but they got that second phaser firing sound wrong, that is the sound the ship's phasers make with that brief power up and sweep of the energy around the saucer section phaser emitters sound before firing. I hope they fix that before the final piece.

It will likely be slightly undersized if their Hypospray and Dustbuster are anything to go by.
But I live in hope they've heard fans' feedback and make their props more accurate.
Maybe Jamie, they mentioned the power indicator will be more diffused in the video. Maybe they heard the feedback of the dustbuster that the LED segments were washed-out by the hyper bright LED segments?

Tested takes a look at FE's booth. There's a showoff of the medical tricorder and some shots of the SNW phaser.

270.jpg

Tricorder-VI-TR-560-Medical.jpg

Starfleet_TR-580_medical_tricorder.jpg

The FE mish-mash.
Screenshot_20230724-213449.png

They did say it is a prototype but it seems like they've mashed together the Mark VI Medical and Mark VII Medical Tricorders to create some kind of Mish mash that is neither one nor the other.
Not sure I'm liking it.
The sound for the Peripheral scanner is also inaccurate, something a lot of people get wrong, they make it too beepy, the original sound had a more of a sweeping, whooshing sound. I hoped they would have had access to the original sound files from the archives at Paramount/CBS.
The scanner they released with the Hypospray set had a clear lens LED in the end which should have been a diffuse red LED, it looks like they're making the same mistake with the scanner that goes with this Tricorder. I don't understand why. 5mm diffuse lens LEDs are so commonly available and cheap as anything.
I would love a truly accurate Mark VII Medical Tricorder, but knowing how much they will charge for this and the inaccuracies I think I'll stick with the Rodd.com kits for now.

That medical tricorder is a HARD PASS for me. If they had done either one it would be tempting, but mixing the versions to make their own version is a definite no for me. When you pay the kind of money it's going to cost, it should be a lot more accurate than that.

That motion picture Enterprise is for sure a Polar Lights kit,the Excelsior seems to have been 3D printed and it sounds like the D is derived from a model built for Picard. I can’t tell if the D is the commercial kit,it seems larger and smoother. Happy for folks with that money,but sheesh,it’s a pile of cash,and I like the building part thankfully.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back