El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie. Thoughts **SPOILERS!!**

'Meh'....

I watched.. it was just 'ok'...

Some scenes were dragged out IMO..

Some scenes were done VERY well (by other actors than Aaron Paul)

Yeah, just seemed like an epilogue to the series, just Jessie trying to disappear, but I thought it was okay. I guess I am going to have to go back and watch BB again. I forget, why was Jessie being held captive?

Yeah, just seemed like an epilogue to the series, just Jessie trying to disappear, but I thought it was okay. I guess I am going to have to go back and watch BB again. I forget, why was Jessie being held captive?

I feel like I would have enjoyed it more if it had been marketed as an epilogue to show what happened to Jesse. I agree it was just OK. I will certainly watch again which is a good sign I guess!

He was being held captive for being a rat and because he knows how to cook the blue sky meth. So he was valuable to the Nazi gang.

I enjoyed it.
I think I was more interested in what becomes of Jesse than how Jesse escaped though. I was ready to see this set 6 years after Br Ba. We get to see Jesse living his new life when something from his past catches up with him.

I liked it but it didn't really add much.
It replaced the ending of Jesse driving away in a car for Jesse driving away in a car.

Pretty much :lol: the best way to describe it is 'pointless' .. But I did enjoy immersing myself in the BB world again. It has tied me over until the next series of Better Call Saul.

I really liked the movie, but it was more of an episode to the TV show, which I thought was refreshing. They were really trying to fulfill peoples ongoing questions about what happened to Jesse, and they certainly accomplished that well. I wasn't too distracted by Jesse...I didn't see him as 'fat' at all ...he just appeared to me to be swollen from having been abused and beaten so much and for so long. That's how I saw it.

It was also satisfying to see that being in that pit taught him some lessons...he actually took the advise of his mentors in the end, and grew as a person.

It was so great to see so many characters, even briefly, again! Big thumbs up for BB fans!

Last edited:
I really liked the movie, but it was more of an episode to the TV show, which I thought was refreshing. They were really trying to fulfill peoples ongoing questions about what happened to Jesse, and they certainly accomplished that well. I wasn't too distracted by Jesse...I didn't see him as 'fat' at all ...he just appeared to me to be swollen from having been abused and beaten so much and for so long. That's how I saw it.

It was also satisfying to see that being in that pit taught him some lessons...he actually took the advise of his mentors in the end, and grew as a person.

It was so great to see so many characters, even briefly, again! Big thumbs up for BB fans!

Jesse's look didn't bother me at all, it was Todd. He was almost a different person. It took me out the film. It would be worse if you watched the film straight after the series.
I'm glad you liked it. I ultimately did too, there were just a couple of niggles that stopped it from being amazing to me. I'll certainly watch it again :)

Just saw it. As a stand-alone film, I'm pretty sure it "SUCKS". But since I have seen Breaking Bad, and I see it as a continuation, I think it was great. Not a lot happens, fine. But I like that better, rather than having something that just feels rushed.

It was great seeing these characters again.

Since Jessie spends a good chunk of the movie trying to get enough money to disappear, isn't he essentially penniless by the time he gets to Alaska?

Since Jessie spends a good chunk of the movie trying to get enough money to disappear, isn't he essentially penniless by the time he gets to Alaska?

I assumed he took all of the welder guys shares of Todd's cash. Unless he just took the 1800 he needed haha

Yeah, he took ALL the welders cash, and the guns. Jesse has become as clever and dangerous as Walt was. His getting his parents out of the house so he could rob it. Killing the welder in the cowboy style shoot out, where Jesse was holding the 32 hidden in his pocket while showing the 22. Realizing the fake cops for who they were. He still had a problem with the "Disappearer". RIP Mr. Forester. Glad to see Jesse getting away to Alaska. I wonder how "Gene" is doing in Omaha? Glad to see Jesse wrote a nice letter to Brock. Jesse Plemons should have gone on a diet though.

Yeah, he took ALL the welders cash, and the guns. Jesse has become as clever and dangerous as Walt was. His getting his parents out of the house so he could rob it. Killing the welder in the cowboy style shoot out, where Jesse was holding the 32 hidden in his pocket while showing the 22. Realizing the fake cops for who they were. He still had a problem with the "Disappearer". RIP Mr. Forester. Glad to see Jesse getting away to Alaska. I wonder how "Gene" is doing in Omaha? Glad to see Jesse wrote a nice letter to Brock. Jesse Plemons should have gone on a diet though.

I was really hoping for a Gene/Saul cameo! One of my favourite characters, especially after better call Saul.
Yeah surely they could have told Plemons to get on a treadmill and shed a few pounds!

I did not expect too much going in so my experience was good. Only when my brother told me that he was disappointed with it did I realize that it did have the problems a lot of people here have already said.

I liked Skinny Pete being such a bro. Badger kinda seemed inconvenienced. Haha!

Also, it is weird Saul did not even appear nor get mentioned. What's up with that. Isn't Better Call Saul a Netflix produced show like this one?

I did not expect too much going in so my experience was good. Only when my brother told me that he was disappointed with it did I realize that it did have the problems a lot of people here have already said.

I liked Skinny Pete being such a bro. Badger kinda seemed inconvenienced. Haha!

Also, it is weird Saul did not even appear nor get mentioned. What's up with that. Isn't Better Call Saul a Netflix produced show like this one?

I was convinced they were going to do something big that would connect to better call Saul! So maybe I was foiled by the weight of my own expectations.
I've had time to reflect and I now think the movie was great for what it was. Though the criticisms are warranted to an extent.

As mentioned already, better call Saul is an AMC show. I'm from the UK, So only get it on Netflix right after it airs in the US which is good.

Last edited:
Yeah, I thought it was okay. Didn't add anything more or take anything away. It just shows what happens to Jesse and...that's it. Serves as a continuation of BB more than anything else. It's strange watching this that I suddenly missed TV movies, because this wasn't so much a "movie" but a BB special.

This was basically an extended episode, including the pacing. There were some very clever bits. My only issue was the flashbacks being intentionally misleading at the start of each one.

When Jesse got away from Jacks thugs it had been 5-7 months after he was captured, and Saul Goodman had split to Nebraska. "Gene" probably had to go to Cinnabon school to be a manager, so that was maybe a few weeks. After spending the 125K to vanish, Jimmy should be smart enough to keep his head low, so as NOT to be discovered, arrested and all the bad stuff. I wonder if Howard Hamlin would defend Jimmy? I wonder how much Laundering fees Saul kept???

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back