EFX reveals BOBA FETT LEGEND, STORMTROOPER LEGEND, STORMTROOPER ARMOR!!!!

You guys think it would be possible to have an imperial shuttle swing by and deliver the suit? Imagine when Vader arrives at the death star for the first time. Something like that :)

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

mass production on stormtrooper armor?... i have my reservations about that one... beign a 501 member for like 7, 8 years or so, i dont know if i like the idea of a mass production (i.e. rubies) of anything like this...

gino i know you do great work but when manufacturing goes to mass production, something is going to be wrong... i feel a disturbance in the force on this one... maybe i'm just skeptical, i don't know, anyone else feel the way i do about this?

Figure a run of 1500-3500 somewhere. Its not going to be an unlimited run by any means. Its not like their run of Vader helmets destroyed that market or anything.

I really hope for 3 things:

- the armor to be as accurate as possible and not cleaned up
- to have as few issues as possible, returning the entire armor or various damaged parts would be crazy for both the customer and eFX
- to consider international distribution, and not just to sell the armors through eFX site.

I think it is both sad and cool that everyone wants different things for the armors. Because not everyone will get what they truly want :( I want it as close to the movies as possible but without bumps. I want it the way as the empire meant it to be. Anyone on my side or am I alone on this? :p

I think some cleaning up will be necessary. Not sure if it was Gino or Art who wrote that it was easier and more time efficient to manufacture a clean model.

International distribution would be life saving. I heard that the shipping costs and customs fees were horrible. International retailers could really lessen the blow!

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I remember thinking your old GF was the bees knees bud. :)

I'm with you on this one.

Best chance this kind of thing has ever had... And I want one!

We shall see ...

I remember looking through SWHelmets fan made trooper helmets, and the GF was in my opinion one of the best in regards of what I want in a helmet. If that's the one you're talking about :p If that one has got all of the "imperfections" the screen used helmets had, I retract what I said about a completely cleaned up helmet!

Like I wrote a few days ago, I'm new to the prop community and haven't got a clue what I'm talking about xD

I want it as close to the movies as possible but without bumps. I want it the way as the empire meant it to be. Anyone on my side or am I alone on this? :p

No, you are not alone in this. I want it as the Empire meant it to be as well. I understand the screen accurate desire, and the idealized version should be as close as possible to that, but mistakes or errors in creating the original armor does not mean it was intended to be made that way. It just happened in the rush to get it made.

Well the whole idea of the legend line is to capture that detail.At what point do you stop sanitizing the armor until it looks nothing like the original and is just another Rubies or Don Post etc.A large group of us have waited decades for liscenced stuff of this calibre.Personally I don't see the point of casting the original to begin with if your not going to retail ALL details. I'm not trying to be nasty in any way either :)

Ben

You folks that want the sanitized version need to understand that you end of having a stormtrooper that doesn't look like it does on screen.

Do you realize the helmet we all love is not symmetrical by a long shot. If you want a symmetrical helmet - go look at the Don Post and see if you like that one.

The original sculpt was full of asymmetry...... Not just how they were assembled. The nature of Vacuum forming will inevitably create differences from lid to lid. None of the screen used helmets were exactly same.... That's the joy. I have 5 helmet moulds from all three films and not one is the same. Both my ANH helmet moulds look different, the ESB MKII is different and more like the ROTJ but not the same and the two ROTJ are again different from each other........ So assembly and forming create unique builds. But if you are after a symmetrical helmet exactly like the next person then no point in casting an original and no point making them in ABS.... It would have to be fiberglass and a resculpt.........

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back