Efx has a new $300 Darth Vader (precision cast replica) Helmet

I thought it was April/ May, no preorder necessary, they will have tons in stock

Then they changed it to June and the standard edition became available from baitme but their website is still down. Honestly if the company was not in trouble I don't see how their website would be down for as long as it has been, which leads me to think you will never be able to get a helmet directly from efx.(

View attachment 629377View attachment 629378View attachment 629379..and...

In my own opinion, I think two applications with Novus #2 made a big difference.

Just received mine yesterday and I think it's a fantastic helmet for the money. Considering mine was free (I ordered a Biker Scout Legend) I really can't complain. The geometry is spot on and it just looks right. Did you apply the Novus to everything, or just the black areas? Looks great anyway, I might give mine the same treatment.

I was able to purchase one on craigslist with no box but paperwork. Got it signed by Prowse at a local comic expo. I am new to RPF and am looking to pad/modify the inside to a trooping standard. Links and ideas? Also two additional questions... Should I coat the signature with anything or leave it alone and store it on display? Also considering selling it to build a stash to start a full costume. Im 6'2" and thin, so I am expecting to need lifts and a muscle suit. Thanks. IMG_1642.JPGIMG_1665.JPGIMG_1667.JPGIMG_1668.JPGIMG_1899.JPG

Nice pick up, Blue Harvest. I don't think you need to seal the autograph as it's permeant marker. I just wouldn't handle it directly on that area much if you want it to last a long time.

Couple of coats of spray-on polyurethane just in case? And keep since eFX's fate is most unknown at this point? What do you guys think?

Even if EFX plunges and disappears from collecting world, most likely there will be the next company who would make these helmets on and on. Just like Master Replicas started the Stormtrooper Collector's Edition / CE helmets and EFX continued with exactly the same molds, only named Precision Cast / PCR. These are not limited edition in the true sense of the word, those were the fiberglass ones

I'm just waiting for Hasbro to make a black series Vader. While not in the same market as $ and accuracy it would be nice to see what they could come up with against eFx.

messaged EFX if they would be making a ROTJ version anytime soon, they replied that it is not being considered at the moment. so now am also one of the hopefuls that Hasbro will come out with a Black series Vader. ;)

If they did make a Black series Vader, it seems it would likely be Rogue One based. I think any helmet is going to be based on a current movie project. The trooper helmet is impressive!

Last edited:
messaged EFX if they would be making a ROTJ version anytime soon, they replied that it is not being considered at the moment. so now am also one of the hopefuls that Hasbro will come out with a Black series Vader. ;)

LOL, does EFX even know what that means, or you showed them the term from a dictionary

Last edited by a moderator:
I think ROTJ would be the last version they would do because most people wants an ESB or ANH Vaderhelmet.;)

About the efx Darth Vader helmets, there is too much difference between the 2012 edition and the new ones? (fiberglass 2012 edition, and now made of ABS)

I am curious why the fiberglass ones (Legend + Limited) have a black mouth grill and the PCR versions have a chrome mouth grill. Which one is accurate?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back