efx 1:1 Yoda ESB puppet

I really like this Yoda and the fact that it's actually a puppet is really neat.

Instead of a super accurate puppet I'd be really happy with a mixed-media statue. The Pepsi and Rubies versions are nice but far from accurate and lacking in the ESB coolness factor. For a lower price point I hope possibly after the puppet they might offer just a statue.

Perhaps they could offer both simultaneously. The limited edition being a statue and the Legend being a puppet.

Sorry guys didn't mean to start any war, am just really happy with my Cyberman Yoda but totally understand the lineage from a direct cast etc. The only other thing I like is that I have the same eyes from the original company in UK who made the original yoda eyes :)....well that's what I was told lol. Cost me a lot more but I liked the thought of that.

One should never have to apologies for stating they love or treasure something.
Cyberman's Yoda is most certainly something to be proud of. Opting for eyes made by the same company responsible for the originals makes it all the more desirable.

Besides wondering about the price of this item, I am also interested in the application of the various dirt/aging/weathering details that will be needed to adequately replicate the real prop.

While I have no doubt that when their prototype is finished, it will look fantastic. However how do you mass produce a process that most likely will have taken countless hours making the skin, clothing, and accessories look just right on one to a mass produced processed for hundreds? Not saying it can't be done, just honestly wondering how it can be done.

That's why it took more then 2 years now perhaps to try and try and try to get it right ... I just hope they will add the screen accurate blue bag too ... so we can safely carry him around at cons ... ;)

... And for what it's worth ... if you're not quite happy with additional factory weathering paintjobs ... then just alter it to your hearts content ... no matter what the ultimate price to pay for one will be ... right?

Chaim

... if you're not quite happy with additional factory weathering paintjobs ... then just alter it to your hearts content ... no matter what the ultimate price to pay for one will be ... right?

I hope that's not going to be part of eFx's sales pitch. :eek

I have an eFx X-Wing and Luke flight helmet. Both weathered and I have no issues. And although I personally hate the look of the weathering on the Scout helmet, it appears to be a accurate replication of the weathering from a actual prop.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back