Early Millennium Falcon Pics

Well, im just about finished with the construction of the hull and armor plating. Building the cockpit cone now.

There are still a ton of kits I need, but im in no rush. I can find them as I go on and I dont expect to be done anytime soon(hopefully by Fall).

Im looking for some help in these essential parts. I have most of the more noticable kits and I can get into the smaller parts later.

359713356.jpg

The last pic is sort of a teaser. :$ I'll have more pics soon. I'll be putting all of the kits I have soon.

Well, im just about finished with the construction of the hull and armor plating. Building the cockpit cone now.

There are still a ton of kits I need, but im in no rush. I can find them as I go on and I dont expect to be done anytime soon(hopefully by Fall).

Im looking for some help in these essential parts. I have most of the more noticable kits and I can get into the smaller parts later.

359713356.jpg

The last pic is sort of a teaser. :$ I'll have more pics soon. I'll be putting all of the kits I have soon.

I am led to believe that the picture in the upper right corner is the chassis of a 55 Chevy. Any one else confirm this?

I may just go and see it tomorrow since the display closes very soon. I saw it in 2003 and it just blows me away every time. The 32" just doesn't do that to me.

So after a long hiatus of preventing myself of being laid off, I've decided to resume this build. Im still entertaining the thought of molding the upper and lower hull for fiberglass casting

View attachment 18589

Im continuing to look for more parts as I finish the hull. I am still looking for the parts in red. The blue, however, I can't seem to get a good view of.

View attachment 18590

Any ideas?

The square red part is the back of a US halftrack. Maybe small scale airfix or hasegawa. The door is missing. It seems to be one part with the back on these two kits, so maybe it's another manufacturer. Or they cut the door out.

There are two half spool pieces added on top of it.

Ive had people ask...

I know the access bays are wrong, I just havent built up the forward landing gear bays yet. In the attempt, I was looking to see if I can alter the landing bays and access ports to be displayed as ANH or TESB at will. Unfortunately, with the addition of flood lighting on the bottom jaw for TESB, it only makes sense to do one or the other.

The square red part is the back of a US halftrack. Maybe small scale airfix or hasegawa. The door is missing. It seems to be one part with the back on these two kits, so maybe it's another manufacturer. Or they cut the door out.

Thanks Scott!

Good Lord! It looks amazing.Keep going, keep going!

Once Im done with the landing bays and install the mandibles, I finally get to put the hundreds of greeblies on, making her look like theres actual progress.

WOW JP! How did you make the saucer shapes?They look great:eek

Thanks! I cut the circular shape, like normal. With one of the thousands of pics I took from the Exhibit, I printed horizontal "lifesized" pics of the bird, and cut the exact curvature. Just like building my 32" falcon, I cut pie shapes. But because its soo much larger, I cut at least 5 pie shapes of 1/8 acrylic per quarter hull for the upper and lower.

Last edited:
Thanks Scott!

Once Im done with the landing bays and install the mandibles, I finally get to put the hundreds of greeblies on, making her look like theres actual progress.

Thanks! I cut the circular shape, like normal. With one of the thousands of pics I took from the Exhibit, I printed horizontal "lifesized" pics of the bird, and cut the exact curvature. Just like building my 32" falcon, I cut pie shapes. But because its soo much larger, I cut at least 5 pie shapes of 1/8 acrylic per quarter hull for the upper and lower.

Thats great thinking!!How did you curve the acrylic?I/8th can be a ***** I imagine:cry

This is from the Fujimi M3A1, you're right about the 2 half spools, those 2 parts are also from the same kit, Ill take a pic tomorrow :)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back