Early Millennium Falcon Pics

Does anyone have info on these parts?

353019328.jpg

quote]

Can anyone confirm the larger piece(minus the bottom plating) came from an airfix 1/72 airplane?

the cylindrical piece behind the quad gun is from the Entex 1/5 Wankel engine. It's simply sanded down from its fully-cylindrical shape. The area around it is probably just notched styrene sheet, not unlike what's covering most of the falcon.

Thank you Basher! I must have looked through the box hundreds of times checking for more greebles. Any updates on your bird?

Last edited:
the cylindrical piece behind the quad gun is from the Entex 1/5 Wankel engine. It's simply sanded down from its fully-cylindrical shape. The area around it is probably just notched styrene sheet, not unlike what's covering most of the falcon.

If anyone needs the Wankel kit or just parts from it LMK.
I have a complete one sitting here unused that I'd sell outright or part out.
I bought it hoping the large model pieces would be on some of the 1:1 SW props, but it appears they were only used on scale models.

Heres a pic without the coloring

359598495.jpg

It appears the upper and lower turret bases are different. Ive checked through all of my reference photos and The one you see above is thhe upper and the one you see below is the lower. Notice even the armor plating is different.

353019328.jpg

Actually-They are both pictures of the upper gun turret.The bottom doesnt have any gun or full turret at all.That piece is what appears to be a part that fell off.Ive never seen that part on any pic before.Do you have a full pic of that area?Both those pics seem to have been taken before the gun was messed up.:cry

Actually JP
After looking more closely at the pic I would say that part may not have made it to final construction.It was obviously taken during the building stages.You can see the screws before they put down the final tiles.Maybe they just happened to have that part laying there-Ive never seen it in any other pic
Id say its a machine gun.
359598495.jpg

Wow!Ive never seen that shot before!Ive seen the actual model at the museum and that bottom turret has a hole for a display pole.Can anyone chime in on this part?
359598495-1.jpg

I only ask because they seem to be on the top as well
52720MF202-2.jpg

other.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back