DUNE: HARKONNEN BATTLESHIP

ajamodels

After 2.5 years of blood, sweat and tears, i finally finished this beast. The Harkonnen Battleship seen in the 1984 release of "DUNE". Very large 12" long X 10.5" wide. Original model was hand sculpted and SLA print combination. Modelling taken from the original blueprints digitally restored. It is about 1/500th scale.

Based on the 20 foot model built by Emilio Ruiz del Río and designed by Tony Masters: famed production designer from 2001: A Space Odyssey.
The smaller 40" model was very crude and had substantially less detail. However, subtle changes were made to this model based on observations of the 'Emiio Ruiz del Rio' monster miniature.
Painting was done with 'rubber black' on the entire model. Weathering was accomplished with light grey, sand and dark rust colored pastels.
I tried to match every detail of the large 20 foot model AND the blueprints.

Attachments

• Harkonnen completed (1).JPG
    Harkonnen completed (1).JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 700
  • Harkonnen completed (2).JPG
    Harkonnen completed (2).JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 330
  • Harkonnen completed (3).JPG
    Harkonnen completed (3).JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 255
  • Harkonnen completed (4).JPG
    Harkonnen completed (4).JPG
    2 MB · Views: 300
  • Harkonnen completed (5).JPG
    Harkonnen completed (5).JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 316
  • Harkonnen completed (6).JPG
    Harkonnen completed (6).JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 298
JOBERG SAID: "I've always found the designs of those ships closer to Flash Gordon (and the designs/drawings of the era)"
Personally, I find the designs in DUNE to be more 'Victorian Industrialism'. Especially this design. Not steampunk though...
Tony Masters intentionally made sure there was no visible means of propulsion on all the vehicles (except maybe the Harkonnen Ornithopter).

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back