Dune Ornithopter in MS Flight simulator

yuumi2891103

Master Member
A few weeks ago, MS Flight Simulator released the flyable Ornithopter of the movie Dune. I've already downloaded it but haven't tried it yet.
You can download both MS Flight Simulator and the Ornithopter for free from the XBOX Game Pass. It will be a good reference for someone trying to build it. I want to make one someday.

Last edited:
That design is perfect, IMO. I understand the Lego model is quite nice, but it's pricey. I may resort to getting the files from one of the many types on Thingiverse and having it 3D printed...

It goes without saying that you building one - especially if it's your own take on the design - would be fantastic.

Very cool!

Love that design

Meng has a kit of it, but it is very small. Love to see a decent size kit of it someday (something like 5" x 3" X 3" )

However, while it is very small, and no interior, it does have great detail. That should also help in using as a guide for building a larger one

Gambody has the best 3D-printable kit that I've seen:

1709043224113.png

The beauty of a printed kit is that you can scale it however large you ultimately want.

Here are a few videos of flying Ornithopter.
The pilot is Katsu Atreides. :lol:

The first clip is on the planet Arrakis. Deploy the blades, start the engine, takeoff, and retract the landing gear. (y)

The second clip is back to the Earth and flying over Macon city.;)

The third clip is flying over Philadelphia.(y)

These cities are beautiful—a lot of trees and rivers.

As you say, this aircraft is so cool. It will be very interesting to think about how to flap those 8 blades.

The building next to where you landed in Macon - I've been inside there more times than I can count. I'm also impressed that some relatively recent buildings were there.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back