• 0C8E6CF2-0019-45CA-A672-B9399A7614FA.jpeg
    0C8E6CF2-0019-45CA-A672-B9399A7614FA.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 135
  • 9F03A200-A745-4DA9-9DC5-9C1ADCAC532F.jpeg
    9F03A200-A745-4DA9-9DC5-9C1ADCAC532F.jpeg
    974.4 KB · Views: 152
lyBuilt more or less straight from the box, added rigging “just because”
Excellent work and the rigging is a nice touch

I know some will hem and haw about rigging not being needed/accurate, but I always like the look of it myself, just never had the nerve/skills to give it a go

They also clearly have many scenes where it is in water like a traditional ship so why not add it

I mean that stuff has go to stay on and stabilized somehow. It is funny because all the stuff that ship goes through all throughout the series, yet it always manages to keep all those fragile bits sticking out.

Now we know the secret, the rigging :lol:

Also, where did you get the base, was that included in one of the many boxing variations is that a separate or custom thing?

The only kit I have is the 1/1000 Cosmo Reverse kit which much like the 1/144 Rise of Skywalker Falcon has all the bits to build just any previous version of the Yamato kits, pre trip, or return trip with the wave motion plugged up as well as the interior hangar. I did remember seeing something in the instructions about an action base available separately

2nd on that “just because“ rigging! (y) Sweet. I had a buddy from Japan back in jr. high that built a beautiful Yamato model like yours fully rigged. I’d never seen it before on a sci-fi kit and it made quite an impression on me. Again, nice work!

Excellent work and the rigging is a nice touch

I know some will hem and haw about rigging not being needed/accurate, but I always like the look of it myself, just never had the nerve/skills to give it a go

They also clearly have many scenes where it is in water like a traditional ship so why not add it

I mean that stuff has go to stay on and stabilized somehow. It is funny because all the stuff that ship goes through all throughout the series, yet it always manages to keep all those fragile bits sticking out.

Now we know the secret, the rigging :lol:

Also, where did you get the base, was that included in one of the many boxing variations is that a separate or custom thing?

The only kit I have is the 1/1000 Cosmo Reverse kit which much like the 1/144 Rise of Skywalker Falcon has all the bits to build just any previous version of the Yamato kits, pre trip, or return trip with the wave motion plugged up as well as the interior hangar. I did remember seeing something in the instructions about an action base available separately

Actually, the rigging are called "stays", and it serves to keep things on a ship such as aerials and antennae from swaying due to inertia (this also applies in space/ zero-g). I caught a lot of flak for this on another forum, but I stuck to my guns on it!

Actually, the rigging are called "stays", and it serves to keep things on a ship such as aerials and antennae from swaying due to inertia (this also applies in space/ zero-g). I caught a lot of flak for this on another forum, but I stuck to my guns on it!

Thanks, good to know the proper term for them

I totally agree about them being needed. The Yamato is meant to spend lots of time in an atmosphere and even sail like a traditional ship so for me it makes sense

Anyone have some tips for adding the "stays". I am currently working on some 1/700 ships and would like to give it a try

Thanks, good to know the proper term for them

I totally agree about them being needed. The Yamato is meant to spend lots of time in an atmosphere and even sail like a traditional ship so for me it makes sense

Anyone have some tips for adding the "stays". I am currently working on some 1/700 ships and would like to give it a try
The way I did mine, I used thread and super glue to affix one end while tying the other. I knwo they ahve a specific brand of rigging thread that is flexible and easier to use, just don't know the name of it off the top of my head.

Darph Bobo, nice display and the model is well executed!
I think the rigging looks great, gives some added detailing that is unexpected.(y)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back