DUNE 2021 Stillsuit Components

Not still suit, but anyone find the practice boots Gurney and Paul wore? Could be used for daily-wear.

Attachments

• DUN-CLD_BOOT.jpg
    DUN-CLD_BOOT.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 411
i'm beginning to plan out building a stillsuit, and the ankle wraps here are giving me a real headache.... i'm currently trying to draw up some sketches to try and decipher it but i was wondering if anyone else has any idea how they're wrapped around the leg?

Screenshot 2021-12-26 231549.jpg

Screenshot 2021-12-26 231728.jpg

533c017c2e15bb5fcac9b7fa361e4c5d.jpg

i have actually found that the dune fortnite skins are surprisingly useful, because they're much cleaner and there are less folds and wrinkles making things more confusing, haha

Screenshot 2021-12-26 233420.jpg

the desert boots are most likely some brand hiking boots or trail shoes or just sport shoes from year model 2017-2018 with white rubber sole since the movie was filmed spring 2019 the costumes had to be ready already by 2018, so look for models from that range. the costume production made over 200 individual suits and the cast everyone had the shoes, the heel piece is most likely casted silicon glued to the shoe and the shoes itself are coated with fabric. I've also a some faded memory I've seen the exact shoes somewhere in store since the pattern of the sole is memorable, only that those shoes wasn't my style at that time so didn't bother them back then.

Last edited:
Ok so I have finally decided to sell the patterns for my stillsuit padded parts (chest , back , belt codpiece) these represent months of work and are now available through Etsy for 35 USD and are .DXF files ready to be laser cut and come in sizes S-XXL.

Desert Planet Arrakis Warrior Suit Digital Patterns | Etsy Australia

Here are a couple pictures of the suits in person (undersuits are modded newcoser shop undersuits)

Attachments

• DUNE2-22-positive.jpg
    DUNE2-22-positive.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 400
  • DUNE2-20-positive.jpg
    DUNE2-20-positive.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 334
i think i might have found the perfect stillsuit fabric- Cotton Duck Canvas- Charcoal

i'm currently using it for my stillsuit build and it is literally the perfect color and the texture is amazing! the price is also very good, especially compared to stuff like ballistic nylon.

View attachment 1550783

Hello, Do you have or know of any good patterns for the cloth parts. And also how many yards would your recommend. Thanks.

I ordered 3 yards, and so far (with completing the base for the pants and arms) I've used about half of that. I still have the shin wraps, shoes and body pieces left to do though, so if I end up needing more than the three yards I have ill only need like a half yard more. I have a smaller build though (5'10", 120lbs) so you might need more or less depending on your size.

I have saved all the patterns I've made so far and I can send those to you when i get them cleaned up.

Attachments

• 2884C89B-4ED7-47B3-8B5E-149D8BABFDA3.jpeg
    2884C89B-4ED7-47B3-8B5E-149D8BABFDA3.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 353
  • BC12BF41-191C-4A3E-9137-ABE78140D043.jpeg
    BC12BF41-191C-4A3E-9137-ABE78140D043.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 343
I ordered 3 yards, and so far (with completing the base for the pants and arms) I've used about half of that. I still have the shin wraps, shoes and body pieces left to do though, so if I end up needing more than the three yards I have ill only need like a half yard more. I have a smaller build though (5'10", 120lbs) so you might need more or less depending on your size.

I have saved all the patterns I've made so far and I can send those to you when i get them cleaned up.

Thank you! I really appreciate it. I'm going to put an order in. I've got some 3D files I'm working on for the suit, let me know if you need anything. :)

Got my fabric in today. Looks great, thanks for the tips. Looking forward to the patterns. Cheers.

It's possible, and I haven't seen the movie yet to check if there are scenes that show the soles, but I believe those are the movie shoes.

In this pic, you can see her in a movie still/promo pic, in the same location as the above photo.
View attachment 1506071
Zoom in on her shoes, and you can see the cords/tassels on her shoes, and if you zoom really close you can see they're stitched on.

View attachment 1506072

Set pic zoomed in, the cords are a little visible.

View attachment 1506073

Her toe vs the displayed costume from the front:

View attachment 1506074
If anyone out there happens to know someone in law enforcement, there are databases (SICAR, SoleMate, etc) of shoe imprints that could theoretically be used to identify this shoe (if it is not custom).

If anyone out there happens to know someone in law enforcement, there are databases (SICAR, SoleMate, etc) of shoe imprints that could theoretically be used to identify this shoe (if it is not custom).
I actually did reach out to someone who has access to some of these databases, and they got no results. I believe it's been confirmed that they were custom.

Got my fabric in today. Looks great, thanks for the tips. Looking forward to the patterns. Cheers.
I don't have the tools to make this a fancy vector pattern but here's the best I could do, haha

The only parts I have made so far are the sleeves and pants so that's what's in there. The sleeves have all the spots for the extra bits in them, and the pants are just the base as I haven't gotten around to adding the tube and thigh pad things on them yet. These were made for my body so you might have to adjust for size and probably make a mockup or two from scrap fabric first.

I'll get around to making patterns for the hood, bodysuit and shin wraps eventually, I just haven't had much time to craft recently haha

Attachments

• legsarmspattern.pdf
    843.7 KB · Views: 243
  • pattern.jpg
    pattern.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 337

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back