Dredd 2012 - Production Made Judge Helmet *New Photos Up 29/04*

Re: Dredd 2012 - Production Made Judge Helmet *Updated Photos 13/02*

casting is well underway guys, hope to have some goodies to share with you very shortly!!

This helmet looks different from the one Steve owns. This one looks allot like Dredd' s helmet.

I'm not sure but are you referring to the Hall Of Justice Guard helmet?

Yes the restored one. It's apparent now that there were 3 sizes in the movie. This one more resembles Dredds.

That's interesting, I believe it is the same size as Dredd's helmet also, based on my own observations and comparisons, I will shortly be acquiring the silver helmet from the Dredd auction, when it arrives I will be able to offer a bit more of a comparison between those 2 helmets at least.

You'll be getting a silver helmet from the propstore auction? Interesting...
I don't remember that one. Do you have a link? I'm having trouble finding the old propstore auction items now that the auction is over, but I think there all still around somewhere on the propstore website.

Yes I have been offered access to the silver helmet from the auction, I'm not sure exactly how it differs from my helmet but I will be able to see in detail when it arrives

I trimmed and primed one of my casts and polished up a badge just to show how they look with basic clean up

DSCF0799_zps886ecb62.jpg

DSCF0800_zps9b033535.jpg

DSCF0802_zps2f4420b8.jpg

I know, and hope you are busy casting these, so you may not be monitoring this thread.....just curious, since I have one coming soon, was the original cracked at the right temple as it appears? Just curious about that.:popcorn

Yes it was, the photos show all the damage that the original helmet had, I never intended to 'fix' it before molding as in my eyes it detracts from the authenticity of the casting

For the badge, the method I have used is to get some scotchbrite/wirewool and give it a fairly good scrub, before too long you should see the metal powder start to shine through, then I would suggest some sort of polish, I used Autosol which is technically for aluminium but can also be used for brass, I dab a very small amount on to some paper towel and then dab that all over the badge in small spots, then get a nice bit of rag, I recommend an old t-shirt, and give it a real good polish, that should work a treat

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back